Search This Blog

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy Independence Day!

Just a short post today.  I've done some cleaning and some resting today, so far.  Our outing to celebrate Independence Day will start a little later.  I haven't done perfectly with my eating, but pretty good.  I had peanut butter on crackers for lunch (and too many of them), so not the best choice there.

We are going to White Rock Lake this evening.  We are going to cook out and watch a fireworks display from there (it is not at the lake, but at Fair Park).  We are taking the dogs, so I hope the fireworks are far enough away not to create a problem with them.  I am making a big pot of spicy beans for my contribution to the cookout.  I think I will bring me some fruit, because I am sure sugar will be there in some form or fashion.

Speaking of which, I am still going on my not eating sugar plan.  I have had a few cravings today, but have held them at bay.  My sister, who reads my blog, told me I had inspired her.  She too has sworn off sugar in the past.  She said my blog had inspired her to do that again.  It is so much easier to make the decision in advance instead of having to make it in the moment, over and over again.  Things are just a lot easier if you are not eating what you are addicted to.  I am so happy that my blog has helped someone.  I write this blog for me, so knowing that is icing on the cake.

I was genuinely hungry last night.  I had 5 points left and could have eaten something, but that destroys what having a protein bar day is designed to do.  So I went to bed hungry.  My weight had dropped a little this morning (although I still have a few pounds to go to get back where I was).  :/  I need to hold it together this evening so I don't lose momentum.

That's it for today.  Happy Independence Day, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and read every one! However, if you are trying to sell me or my readers something, your comment will be deleted posthaste. Thanks for reading my blog and I hope you receive encouragement from it. --Sheryl