Search This Blog

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Doctor Visit and New Tires

I went to the doctor this morning, and she agreed with my plan to get on an antidepressant for a while, and an anti-inflammatory.   So I got started on those today.  It will take a couple of weeks or so for it to have its full effect.  She put me on the one I was on a number of years ago.  I hope it does a better job than it did then, but then I don't have the negative environment (an abusive husband) I did then.  Hopefully it will give me the little boost I need to follow through on the changes I am trying to make.  The ways it did help me were that I coped better with stress and I was not as hard on myself -- my self-talk improved.  I guess that would be a good thing.

After the doctor, I went to get new tires put on my car.  This may be the first time I have bought four tires at the same time.  These should last as long as my car, since it is getting up in years and I average less than 25 miles a week on the road, thanks to living a 5-minute walk from my work.  I would love to be able to get my car painted in the not-too-distant future.  I also need to fix the passenger side mirror which got broken when a woman forced my son to swerve into a construction barrier.  That and a good detailing, and the car would look fairly decent for being 8 years old.  It took 3 hours to get the tires done, which was trying on my patience (and every other customer's there, too).  Not exactly how I wanted to spend my Saturday, but it needed to be done.  I was concerned every time I got out in my car that I was going to have a flat.

After that, I went and got a few groceries.  Actually, more than a few.  I can't seem to master this buying groceries for one thing.  But between that, what I buy for my pets and drinking SF Red Bulls regularly, it adds up quick.  I really need to kick that habit, but as long as I am having to take medication that makes me so sleepy, I have a feeling I am not going to get that done.

I finally got home after 4:00.  Bringing in groceries at the loft is quite a chore.  There are a lot of doors to go through, so multiple trips is not fun.  I have a basket I could use, but it is not very efficient either.  I need to find a better one.  After all that I am worn out.  But being this busy is better for my appetite -- less time to think about eating.

Breakfast this morning was a peanut butter sandwich (2 slices light bread with 2 T. peanut butter).  Lunch was a grilled chicken sandwich and some fries at Braum's.  It was the only place close to the place where I got the tires.  At least I stayed away from the ice cream, etc., which, of course, is what Braum's is known for.  When I got home I had some grapes and a few crackers with peanut butter.  For dinner I had some French toast made from reduced calorie bread, spread with some SF jelly, scrambled eggs and 2 slices of bacon.  I had some more fruit during the evening, and that was it for today.  I used weekly points, but I tracked everything.  Today is the beginning of a new week.

I haven't gotten nearly enough done today, but I was worn out when I got home.  I did put away all the groceries and did some picking up around the loft (but need to do a lot more).  My tummy is giving me fits this evening, for some reason.  Maybe it was the Celebrex?  The prescription anti-inflammatory I got is not Celebrex, but she did give me some samples since I told her it worked well for me in the past.  However, it does not have a generic and I had to take that into consideration.  If I find it works for me better than the other (which is Meloxicam) after taking the samples and I felt it was worth the cost, I am sure she would change it if I asked her to.

I gave Cas a meaty bone to chew on, and when he is not chewing on it he is either trying to bury it or walking around with it in his mouth and whining.  I wonder what that means?

That's it for today.  Hoping to be able to report a positive weekend on the eating front this time.  Night all!

1 comment:

  1. It’s a smart decision to change all of your four tires at the same time. Instead of waiting for each one to get flat, it is much better this way, so you don’t have to worry about your tires getting flat in the middle of nowhere. It can give you piece of mind that your car will run efficiently for more years with the new tires on.

    Rita McCall @Evans Tire

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments and read every one! However, if you are trying to sell me or my readers something, your comment will be deleted posthaste. Thanks for reading my blog and I hope you receive encouragement from it. --Sheryl