Search This Blog

Thursday, May 2, 2013

May Goals

My plan yesterday worked pretty well, as far as sticking with it.  I didn’t weigh yet to check progress there.  I wanted to get a little further out from my eating session Tuesday night.

So the guy I mentioned yesterday IM’d me and we had a good conversation last night that shows some potential.  We seemed to click pretty well on paper.

I was a little late starting on my workout this morning, but did do 20 minutes with a base resistance of 5 and intervals of 10.  My plan is to do 30 minutes this evening.  Hopefully work cooperates.  I bought some more protein bars, but bought the wrong kind.  I will try to exchange them at lunch.  They have less protein and a few more calories.  And I am already hungry.

I meant to post my goals for May yesterday and did not do it.  So, here they are.

1.   Get going in singles class at church.

2.   Get out of the house with people my age at least once a week.

3.   Work on strengthening my voice a few minutes a day, 4 days a week (to strengthen after damage done from neck surgery).

4.   At least 3 workouts of moderate intensity per week. (If I am feeling it for the rest of the day, I achieved the intensity.)

5.   Take 2-3 days off from work.

6.    2 bike rides of at least 5 miles.

7.    Get house in company ready condition and maintain it.

We are having another cold front today and the temperature is supposed to drop to around 40 degrees tonight.  This is almost never heard of in May in Texas.  In fact, they expect it may be a record low.  I don’t want to complain because, soon enough, it will be way too hot.

My head is hurting this morning and it is hard to concentrate.  At least it has been a while since that has happened.  Headaches have been a little better lately, but it might be time to take a muscle relaxant.  I have been noticing I am tight in the upper back and shoulders the last couple of days and that usually leads to a headache, so I guess this time is no different.

One again, I am extremely sleepy today.  I would love to find the magic formula to feel better and not feel so tired all the time.

Later

I worked until after 7 tonight, so will not get the second workout done.  I will do a good one in the morning.

I ate one more protein bar today than yesterday, which is okay.  It fits in with my points.  My only issue today is I got in the candy bowl a little bit.  Nothing to ruin anything, but I don’t want to do that.  I have to nip that in the bud now.  At least it is not around my desk (it is in the mail room).

The new guy has been texting me off and on today.  He is interested.  :)

That’s it for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and read every one! However, if you are trying to sell me or my readers something, your comment will be deleted posthaste. Thanks for reading my blog and I hope you receive encouragement from it. --Sheryl