Search This Blog

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Finally!!!

I finally passed my goal.  I took a picture, but you couldn't see it very well.  249.4 this morning!  Finally!  I took some "drastic" measures, but I did it.  I just did not want another week to go by being stuck.  I have lost 51 pounds exactly since beginning this blog.  That's in just about a year.  I had a big break in the middle of that where I was gaining, but you know what?  I'll take it!  I have been growing and learning and I didn't give up.  I now have less than 100 pounds to lose and it has been a very long time since I could say that.  I am down 74 pounds from my highest ever, which was back in 2008 or so.

Now that the scale has finally moved, I feel like I am kind of starting anew.  I know I shouldn't place too much importance on the scale, but that was an 8-week plateau.  I do think I am going to try some carb cycling, but I will eat all or most of my daily points, unlike the last few days.  I will have to see how I lose using most of the weekly points and amping up my exercise.  I will ration those, if necessary.  I have them if I need them.

Today, I am not going to worry about low carb.  I have had 3 days of high protein.  My date is taking me to Green Papaya tonight, which is a Vietnamese bistro.  I have never been, but checked the menu and it looks delicious.  I think I am going to try something with a curry and coconut milk in it -- I have been wanting to try those flavors.  He knows of my weight loss efforts, and he himself has lost 72 pounds.  So, not only will I have someone who supports me in what I am doing, but he also has been there.

I honestly don't know how this is going to go.  You just can't judge until you meet someone in person.  I have this feeling that he is not the one, but I have nothing to base that on.  Haha -- I'm saying this before the first date.  But it's weird that I am having that feeling before the first date.  Of course, the last guy I dated, who I pretty much fell in love with, I didn't want to go out with a second time.  He convinced me that we could just go out and have fun -- no pressure.  And he grew on me.  A lot.  It may be because this guy is not him that I am having trouble seeing it.  And it may be having someone else that will finally help me fully move on from the other guy.  There was not good closure from that relationship.

I have lots to do, so am going to get this posted.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, congratulations! That is an amazing accomplishment. Go out and enjoy your date!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I went to my WW meeting, expecting to weigh a little more than that since I had eaten breakfast and had on more clothes, but I weighed under 249! I'm so glad to be moving again.

      Delete
  2. Congrats on your new low weight, and breaking through that plateau! That has to feel good. :)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments and read every one! However, if you are trying to sell me or my readers something, your comment will be deleted posthaste. Thanks for reading my blog and I hope you receive encouragement from it. --Sheryl