Search This Blog

Friday, May 3, 2013

4-Day Vacation Has Begun!

Yesterday went okay.  I got a little hungry last night and ate a few walnuts, but I don’t think enough to put me above my points target.  I just wanted something that wasn’t carbs.

I got up and did a good workout this morning – 40 minutes on the recumbent bike with a base resistance of 5 and intervals of 10.  Judging by how tough it was and how much I sweated, it qualified for one of my moderate intensity workouts that are my goal.  Could almost be classified as high-intensity, since at the end I was feeling like I couldn’t finish.  I think high intensity is a relative term based on the person who is doing the workout.

I ate the last few walnuts from the bag this morning (about a tablespoon?) before my workout.  I was starving afterwards, so went ahead and ate my protein bar then.  My plan was to eat another one at about 11:30 and another at 3:30.  I ate some frozen peaches this morning at around 9:30.  I ended up eating the second one at just before Noon, since Jerry had me tied up.  I was hungry, so I ate the third one at about 3:10.  Hopefully that holds me until I get off tonight.

I walked Cas at lunch.  He sure gets ornery if he doesn’t get enough exercise.  Keeps me motivated.  I would like to do another workout tonight.  Hopefully I won’t have to work late.  I weighed this morning after my workout, and I was down a little over a pound.  Of course I had been sweating a lot.  I am thinking about just eating a protein bar for dinner tonight, too, just in my last-ditch effort to break this plateau this weigh-in.  We will see how hungry I feel.  They seem to keep me pretty satisfied.  I have had a few pistacchios this afternoon (my cubie has a bowl on her ledge).  I didn’t realize I like pistacchios that much.  These are yummy!  There are only a few left, and I don’t want to eat them anyway.  Too much sodium for the day before weigh-in.

I have a date tomorrow evening.  We will see how it goes.  It’s funny – usually I am worried about whether they will like me or not.  This time I am more “worried” if I will like him.  Progress?  I like him on paper, anyway.

I have stayed away from the candy bowl today.

I am getting lots of questions about what I am going to do on my days off.  The answer to that is, anything I want to.  I plan to get all my errands and “chores” done on Saturday and Sunday.  I want to do something active both Monday and Tuesday – maybe ride my bike.  I might do a little shopping.  It could include doing something with the new guy, if we hit it off.  I haven’t told him yet I will be off.  No pressure.

Later

I’m home now.  I worked until 7:15.  I did have a protein bar for dinner.  I weighed when I got home and I only weighed .4 more than I did last Saturday morning.  There is usually a couple of pounds difference between night and morning, so I hope that means I am going to beat my plateau finally.  I wanted to do another workout tonight, and I did about 8 minutes, but I was just too tired and empty to do more.  I’ll just have to pray that I have done enough.

My 4-day vacation has begun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and read every one! However, if you are trying to sell me or my readers something, your comment will be deleted posthaste. Thanks for reading my blog and I hope you receive encouragement from it. --Sheryl