Search This Blog

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Weigh-In Day

Well, I gained a pound this week.  I knew the scale was being stubborn, and the weigh-in last week was the only time during the week my weight dropped as low as it did (later in the morning than I typically weigh and I had not eaten).

One reason I did Medifast was to get to the point where I could do enough exercise to make Weight Watchers work better for me.  I think that is going to be really important.  Otherwise, this week I am going to measure everything to make sure my portions are correct and I am going to change some of my food choices.  Sodium may be playing a part (I've been eating a lot of popcorn, crackers and chips).  I also am going to make some zero points soup to have when I am hungry and make sure I do not eat too much fruit (I don't know that I did, but it is possible).  I am going to buy a digital scale to help with my food measuring.  I think it is going to take some hard work to push past this plateau and I plan to put in some work in the gym this week.

Another thing I am doing is weaning myself off of SF Red Bull.  My motivation is as much for budget as anything, but I know they are not healthy.  I did not have one yesterday, but had a caffeine headache this morning, so had one.  I have 3 left and think I can break the caffeine addiction without having to buy more.

My BP was a little high at the doctor's office the other day.  However, they use those wrist cuffs there and those don't seem to be very accurate -- they will often measure me high when others won't.  But I need to monitor that.  I have been taking my medication, so if it is still high, it probably needs adjusting.

Plans for today.  Hmm.  I am cleaning house, for one thing.  I do want to get me a cupcake (I've been craving one).  I think.  I plan to eat fairly normally (like I eat on Weight Watchers) and just add a treat here and there.  I don't want the weekends to feel like a free-for-all.

I plan to get another treadmill workout in the gym.  If the weather cooperates, I would like to get out on my bike.  It was really windy when I walked Cas earlier.  Hopefully I can take my bike to Katy Trail and ride a while there.  I will run Cas and then let him ride in the basket so I could ride as long as I feel like I can.  I would like to get an odometer for my bike (or some gadget) so I know how far I am riding.

The girls are moving today, so going to go run an errand for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and read every one! However, if you are trying to sell me or my readers something, your comment will be deleted posthaste. Thanks for reading my blog and I hope you receive encouragement from it. --Sheryl