Search This Blog

Friday, April 12, 2013

Friday Evening - My Favorite Time of the Week

I feel really tired of struggling this morning.  Not so much with weight loss issues, but with pain/body issues.  My feet are really hurting; particularly, my left one, but both of them.  I am wearing my orthotic flip-flops around the house and they hurt wearing those, but not too bad.  I put on my athletic shoes to walk to work, and on the way, my left foot feels like someone is stabbing me.  It really hurts.  Same thing happened yesterday.  My athletic shoes were feeling like they did not have enough arch support yesterday (although they are new, and are good shoes – Asis brand), so I added my arch supports I was wearing with my old shoes (which were also Asics and my feet were fine).  I really think this was set off by walking barefoot on the concrete floors too much and it will die down if I take care of them, but in the meantime, ouch!  I did not have any Advil at home, but I need to take some Advil for a week or so to get the inflammation to die down.  And wear shoes without fail (which I have been doing since the first of the week).  My feet kind of feel better with my work shoes on.  They have a little heel and, therefore, take pressure off my heels.  As soon as I take them off and put my athletic shoes on, they start hurting worse.  (That’s when I added the extra arch support, so I will have to see If that helps.)  If they aren’t better in a week, I will have to go to the doctor and see if I can get an injection or something.

The other thing that is bothering me is that I am so sleepy and tired all the time.  I pretty much fell asleep in the bathtub this morning and I feel like I could fall asleep at my desk.  I did take a muscle relaxant last night, but felt I had to because my back was hurting pretty badly.  The back is feeling okay this morning; I have to be careful that I don’t sit in such a way that sets off the back pain, because it is difficult to make it stop without taking a muscle relaxant.  I hate this and I am ready to get better.

The scale was down some from yesterday this morning, but I still show a gain.  This is really frustrating.  I am quite sure I am not eating too much.  Someone brought donuts and sausage rolls today.  Will have to avoid those.  Hopefully another day of drinking my water, etc. will help.  I was kind of puffy around the ankles when I left work last night.

Breakfast this morning was Banana Custard Oats.  I did not put anything on top today, so 7 points.  I had an apple at around 11:00.

Lunch today was an example of how you can make something that could be kind of mundane a little bit special and, therefore, more satisfying.  I was going to have a hot dog of sorts made from one slice of reduced calorie bread (1 pt.) and a Johnsonville Smoked Turkey Sausage link (3 pts.).  Instead of just having that with some mustard squirted on it (which I have had that way before), I caramelized onions and orange bell pepper (0 pts.), added a slice of reduced fat pepper jack cheese (1 pt.), a little honey mustard (0 pt.), and a tablespoon of guacamole (1 pt.).  With that I had a serving of FSTG sweet potato chips (3 pts.) and some baby carrots.  It was very yummy and very satisfying.  I had some frozen peaches a little later.

I didn't notice how monochromatic
this meal was until I posted the picture.
I didn’t get a chance for snack again, so I had some Greek yogurt (2 pts.) when I first got home.

I did 30 minutes on the recumbent bike this morning (as well as Cas’ morning walk).  I did not feel strong on the bike, but kept going anyway.  I am determined to get past this plateau.  Perhaps I should do the simply filling technique on WW next week.  Surely that would be easier than Medifast.  I walked Cas at lunch, but that’s all I did today.  My feet were really hurting when I got home and I wanted to give them a break.  I never did anything else, exercise-wise.

For dinner I had some tilapia with some homemade tartar sauce, and some roasted asparagus.  After that I had 11 points left.  I spent 8 points of that on some ice cream and did not use the last 3 points.  I had a tangelo later in the evening.

I am kind of discouraged about being stuck.  However, I tried on the dress I wore on Easter (which was really a little tighter than I like to wear my clothes) and it was a little looser, I think.  I did not have on Spanx, and it looked about the same in the tummy area as it did on Easter when I was wearing Spanx.  And my back fat was not bulging at the top of the back of the dress (it is strapless).  So I think I have at least made some progress on size.  I have gotten a couple of comments this week on looking smaller.  I still want to drop below that 250 point, though.  I just have to keep going; but I sure hate being stalled for this long.  I have to tell myself that I am making progress in other very important ways, even if not on the scale.  Sigh.

I was ready for the weekend, even though I only worked 3 days this week.  I could fall asleep at any given time.  I am sure it is medication related, but I don’t like it.  And I am tired of dealing with pain, in whatever form it takes.  My back is not hurting tonight, so that is good.  Overall, I am better – still am not having any radiating pain – but still have a ways to go.

One thing I would like to do tomorrow is this visit this newish park we have downtown.  I wish I felt better about taking Cas there, but he always reacts to other dogs negatively, and people don’t want to deal with that when they are there to enjoy themselves (not to mention me not wanting to deal with it).  I also want to ride my bike (but probably will not ride it to the park because there is a major hill getting to it that I am quite sure I could not make.  I guess I could walk up the hill.  I will see.  They have several food trucks parked there at the park and I would like to check them out and try one.  I don’t know what kind of food they have.

I don’t know if I will see my kids.  They usually want me to take them to dinner once on the weekend, but I try not to do that more than once a paycheck.  Steph’s birthday is a week from tomorrow, so we will be going out then.  Beth has a boyfriend – her first real boyfriend.  My girls have never dated much and are pretty choosy.  Steph fell down the stairs at her new apartment today.  That girl – I don’t know what I am going to do with her.  I asked her if she was carrying anything and what kind of shoes she was wearing.  By her response, I gather she was carrying a box and not wearing great shoes.  That’s one thing for a “normal” person, but she has had more than 5 foot surgeries, 3 knee surgeries and major back surgery.  She’s not normal in that respect.  She has no business doing that.

Guess that’s it for tonight.  Friday night – my favorite time of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and read every one! However, if you are trying to sell me or my readers something, your comment will be deleted posthaste. Thanks for reading my blog and I hope you receive encouragement from it. --Sheryl