Search This Blog

Monday, April 29, 2013

Days Off In Sight!!!


Well, I did it – I’ve asked for some days off.  There will never be a good time in my boss’s eyes, the calendar looks good as far as what is supposed to be going on those days, so I asked for them.  I am taking off next Monday and Tuesday, May 6 and 7, and also, the Friday before and Tuesday after Memorial Day.  I hope after those days off I will feel a little more ready to face my world.  I was fine all weekend, but this morning I felt like crying again.  I am really burned out.

I did not work out this morning (I overslept).  Not good, but I plan to get a good one tonight.  I will likely go to my gym and do something there, or else do a video.  I want it to be enough that I really feel it.  Not overdo, but a good, taxing workout.  (As it turned out, I had to work until 8:00.  This is why I think getting a morning workout is so important.  I have to do better for the rest of the week.)

I have pretty well decided to get me some roller skates.  It’s a little scary, because a fall would not be a great thing, but I plan to start in my parking garage on the levels that are for residents only and cut off from public access, and most people don’t want to go up that far.  The pavement should be smooth there, so no danger of hitting a rock.  I will wear knee and elbow pads and a helmet, at the very least.  Then when I am feeling more confident, I can go to Katy trail.  I will start out without Cas, then will take him in the parking garage, then progress from there.  I could also go on some downtown sidewalks in the evening or on the weekend that are pretty well deserted at that time.

Cas is definitely better behaved when he is getting exercised enough.  He was still better this morning than usual.  All that pent-up energy is contributing to his acting out.

My day got incredibly busy after writing the above.  My computer crashed and I lost some work that my second boss had to redictate.  He was not happy with me and was pretty much a jerk about it for a bit, but I can’t how it was my fault.  Didn’t actually make my day so pleasant.

Jerry told me to “take all the time I need” as far as days off, and “thanks for all my hard work.”  I couldn’t quit smiling after that (DAYS OFF!), until the stuff in the paragraph above happened.  That is all I will take for now, but I will want to take a whole week in the Summer.

Since I didn’t get a good workout in today, I stopped with 31 points.  I was plenty satisfied, so didn’t feel deprived.  I have been surprisingly unhungry since Saturday.  Breakfast was protein waffles with leftover Blackberry Sauce from dessert yesterday (yum!)  It was really good on the waffles.  I had a banana after I got to work.  Lunch was a tuna salad wrap, some baby carrots, sweet potato chips and 2 dill pickle spears.  I meant to bring some yogurt for a snack and forgot, so snack was another banana (I have to eat them before they turn).  I already have some really ripe ones for Banana Custard Oats, so wanted to eat this before they were too ripe.  Before I left work, I had 4 Starburst fruit chews from someone’s candy bowl, but I tracked them.  However, this breaks my “rule” about being intentional about eating.  I don’t want to eat things just because they are there.  Since I worked late and didn’t have anything cooked, I stopped and got a sandwich at Subway.  Then I ate some sliced strawberries, and that was it for today.  I asked them to put vinegar and oil on my sandwich, only because I had not eaten my healthy fats today.  I am supposed to eat 2 teaspoons a day, but by looking, I am guessing they only put about a teaspoon on it.

That’s it for today.  I’m going to do a little work on cleaning my bedroom and then get to bed so I can get up for a good workout in the morning.  I have to break this laziness thing (although I am pretty sore and achy from the ride on Saturday).  I did walk Cas this morning and at lunch, at least.

Night all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and read every one! However, if you are trying to sell me or my readers something, your comment will be deleted posthaste. Thanks for reading my blog and I hope you receive encouragement from it. --Sheryl