Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Beautiful Monday

Well, I don’t know how energetic I was feeling this morning (not very), but I did get up and do a 20-minute recumbent bike workout.  I did not feel strong while doing it.  I was having medication symptoms (profuse sweating) that probably would not have been so bad if I had not gone through the little bit of withdrawal I did Saturday night.  Except for that, it was better last night.  I hate this.

Breakfast this morning was one cup of non-fat Greek yogurt (3 points) with ½ cup Kashi GoLean Crunch (3 points) and some honey (2 points).  I had a banana (0 points) before my recumbent bike workout because I was feeling empty.  This did not last me quite as well as when I put a whole cup of cereal in it, but still pretty good.  I was trying to budget my points a little.
I got to work not really knowing what to expect.  Looks like my life is going to involve less work, at least for a while.

I don’t know what is wrong with my mood lately.  I am just a little low.  I need to get my fire back.  We ended up having the most beautiful day, weather-wise, yesterday.  The forecast had been thunderstorms all day, but that didn’t happen.  I didn’t get home from church, etc. until 3:00 or after.  I didn’t get out to enjoy the weather until after 6.  It was so beautiful, but I just wasn’t feeling like getting out.  The plan is to walk Cas at lunch today and try to do some kind of workout tonight.  I really want to move past this plateau (if I haven’t already).  I think that will improve my motivation.  Thankfully, I have still stayed on track with my eating (although it was a little rocky Saturday), even while feeling this way.  Pushing past this preliminary goal will put me in territory I haven’t been in in a long, long time, so I really want to get this done.  I hope as I get into workouts, I will start gaining some momentum.  That’s what usually happens.  But this is a tough mental struggle right now, for some reason.  Probably still burn-out.  I hope I can take a couple of days off in the not-too-distant future.  And then a real vacation in the Summer.
When I do have more time to have a life, part of me is saying – oh no, now I have no excuses!  I’ve been putting things off for so long, it gets to be a habit.  Sometimes you can make so many plans to “live life” that you never actually live it.  It will be a new learning process for me.  I just know I am not entirely happy with the way things are.

I am now back from lunch (got to go!).  I was getting hungry, so I had a few baby carrots before I left.  I walked Cas and then had lunch of a wrap with tuna salad (5 points) and some Pop Chips (2 points).  When I got back to the office, I had about 3/4 cup strawberries (0 points).  I think I am budgeting my points a little too well.  I still have 20 points left at this point.  We will see how it goes.  Dinner tonight is steak and a baked potato, so maybe I want to save most of those, if I can.
The weather was absolutely beautiful.  It was warm enough to make me work up a sweat.  Cas even did a little better today.  He started into a couple of episodes, but I was able to get him calmed down fairly quickly.  Seems like he was listening to me a little better today.  I hope that continues!

I wore my Easter outfit yesterday.  It did not fit quite as well as I hoped, but my girls said I looked “sexy.”  I’m not sure if that’s the look I needed for a Sunday morning Easter service, but okay.  I know what they meant.  I meant for us to take pictures, but this is all I ended up with.  I would like to have about 10 more pounds off before wearing it to work.  I wasn’t counting on plateauing for the last 3 weeks.  But I wore it!  I just need to get 2.8 more pounds off to hit my preliminary goal.  I really want to do that this week.  Then I can finally get my hair done.  My daughters got this color job done on their hair they called “ombre” – darker roots tapering down to blonder tips.  I told them that’s what mine was now.  My hair has grown out so much since I last got it highlighted, it’s getting close to that.  But my gray is showing more than I would like.  However, at church yesterday, a man I have been acquainted with for many years (used to be more of my ex’s acquaintance) came up and asked my girls (playfully) if I was their sister.  So I guess I’m doing okay.  ;)
Speaking of which – do you think I will get wrinkles when I lose my weight?  I hope not.  I have always had at least the young looks going for me.  I actually get asked quite a bit if I am my daughters’ sister.  (I am perfectly okay with this!)

My snack was Dannon Light & Fit Cherry Greek Yogurt (2 points).  That’s all I had time for.  I got to leave before 6:00, so I got to go to lunch today and got home before 6.  Woohoo!  Dinner was a 3-1/2 oz. steak, a medium baked potato (4 points) with Weight Watchers processed cheese (like Laughing Cow) – jalapeno flavor (1 point), and some sauteed Brussels sprouts (which did not turn out very well, so I didn’t eat that much of them).  I still had 9 points left after that!  So I had some crackers (6 points) and a Weight Watchers ice cream bar (2 points).  Later I had some frozen cherries (0 points).  It seemed like I got a lot to eat today – I guess because I saved so many for the end of the day.
I took Cas for another walk while I was waiting on my baked potato.  I can’t believe walking the dog is 1 activity point for every 10 minutes.  But that’s what it says.  I walked Cas a total of 70 minutes today, and 20 minutes on the recumbent bike for 9 activity points.  That seems like a lot, for nothing very strenuous.  That doesn’t count walking to work and back twice today.

That’s it for today.  I’m going to try to get a little cleaning done before I go to bed.  I still haven’t gotten my prescription!  Thank goodness for my friend who loaned me a couple.  She has the same prescription, except less potent.  I waited until I was feeling withdrawal to take anything.  I hope to get through tonight without having to take another one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and read every one! However, if you are trying to sell me or my readers something, your comment will be deleted posthaste. Thanks for reading my blog and I hope you receive encouragement from it. --Sheryl