Search This Blog

Sunday, March 24, 2013

WW -- Day 1

I never checked in yesterday.  I guess that tells you I wasn’t that excited about my weigh-in.  I lost .4 pound, 4 pounds short of my preliminary goal.  I lost that .4 pound on the last two days of Medifast, when I increased my calories a little bit.  So I definitely was/am plateauing.  I ate a little more than I should have yesterday, but only a little when counting the points.

So today it really starts.  Everything counts. I get 35 points a day, now, and 49 weekly points (which I anticipate I will usually use on the weekend). This morning I had protein waffles (6 points) with blueberry topping (3 points) a la Lori.  I don’t want you to think I am copying Lori’s blog, by posting a picture of these, but these are awesome if you haven’t tried them.  And they hold you really well.  I did add a teaspoon of sugar to the waffles (same batter as the pancakes) (didn’t change the points value) and 2 teaspoons to the blueberry topping (didn’t change the points value).  Maybe as I progress it will taste sweet enough to me without it.
 
Yesterday didn’t go anywhere near as I planned.  My daughter wanted me to go with her to look at a car she wanted to buy.  She had a bad accident in 2010 (?), and as a result, had to have back surgery.  She received a pretty good settlement because of the accident because the other driver was texting while driving and plowed into the back of her (my) car while Steph was waiting on oncoming traffic to turn left on a two-lane road.  The little girl hit her at about 50 miles per hour.  Anyway, from that settlement, she paid cash for a 2008 BMW 325i (I think that’s the model).  She had to buy a tire for it recently (which cost her $400), and she talked to a friend about how much her repair costs were going to be, plus she didn’t like toting her dogs around in that nice car and one of them always tries to climb up in the front seat while she is driving, so she wanted to get an SUV-type vehicle.  She bought a Ford Edge.  It’s a really neat vehicle and she got a really good deal.

After that, we went to Chipotle for lunch.  I had 3 tacos made with soft corn tortillas, 2 with chicken, 1 with steak, fajita veggies, pico and guac on each.  Yum!  And not very many points.  I think I have it figured wrong, since I added the guac.  I think it is 10 points for the three tacos.

While we were out, I wanted to stop and look for some more shoes.  A lot of my shoes for work are looking pretty shabby, and as I have lost weight and gotten into some new outfits, I need some shoes to complete the outfits.  I got these blue wedges:

 And these black wedges:

 My black pants are really long (they are Talls, and I am on the tall end of average.  Average pants feel shorter than I like them, but I am not really a Tall, so I have to wear heels with them.  I have some black heels, but needed some wedges, since they are so much more comfortable to be on your feet in.  I also bought some shoe “aids” at the shoe store to help some other problem-shoes I have, work for me.  I got some strips that make the heel straps on a couple of sling-backs keep from slipping off my heels, and some inserts for the ball of the foot area of some shoes to keep my feet from sliding forward in some high heels that then cause them to slip on my heels.  So that gave me four other pairs of shoes I haven’t been wearing added to my wardrobe. So that was fun.




I was also looking for another purse, since the one I have been carrying is so huge, I am messing with my neck and upper back by carrying so much to work all the time.  I didn’t find what I wanted.  I am just not into purses enough to pay $100-200 for one.  Even the ones at Marshalls that I liked and were the size I needed were way too much.  Steph says they have some cute ones at Target, so I will look there.  I am more of a $30-40 a purse kind of girl (if that much).  I have ordered a black one, but I wanted to get another color too (brown, possibly) to match more outfits.  I ordered a rolling tote last week to carry stuff to work without messing with my back and neck. (Now, it’s time to quit shopping for a while!)

After that, I stopped and picked up a few groceries my son couldn’t find when he went for me last week.  By the time I got home, it was around 5:00 and I was tired.

Lunch today was a small piece of steak (lean only) left over from a couple of days ago.  Leftover steak is never as good as fresh, so I cut it in small pieces and put a little barbecue sauce on it and put it on a small baked potato (I’ve been craving one) spread with some Laughing Cow light cheese, and a veggie kabob with a marinade made from Newman’s Own Lite Lime Dressing, jazzed up a little with extra garlic, honey, Worcestershire sauce, and some sriracha sauce.  I tasted the marinade when I mixed it up and it was yummy.  I saw the kabobs yesterday when I picked up the stuff at the store.  They were already assembled – bell pepper, red onion, summer squash and mushrooms.  I marinated and cooked them in the oven.  I don’t have a grill, since I don’t have a balcony or anything.  I could also use my grill pan, but I feel more confident I will cook them correctly by roasting them.  The steak and potato was delicious.  The kabob was so-so.  I wasn’t thrilled with the marinade on the veggies.  I never have liked that lime dressing that much.

Dinner was a wrap made with albacore white tuna, a Laughing Cow Lite garlic & herb cheese wedge spread on a spinach wrap (Olé brand Extreme Healthy Spinach & Herbs Tortilla Wrap -- only 1 point/90 calories each!), with some spinach, julienne carrot, cucumber, onion and apple slices for a little bit of savory and sweet.  I have never liked tuna much, and I still don’t.  The wrap would have been better with canned chicken or grilled chicken.  With that I had some baby carrots and the rest of the apple.

Afternoon snack was a Dannon Light & Fit Greek yogurt (pineapple), an orange, and 3 multigrain crackers with a teaspoon of Nutella spread on each.  I didn’t have all this at the same time.  My evening snack was cinnamon toast made from 2 slices of reduced calorie bread (2 points), 2 teaspoons of butter – 1 on each (2 points), 2 teaspoons of sugar – 1 on each (1 point), and cinnamon (0 points). I forgot to take a picture of the cinnamon toast.  I always used to have cinnamon toast when I wanted something sweet and didn’t have anything in the house and I always felt like I was being “bad.”  Really, though, if you make it like I did tonight, it is not bad at all.  I had 5 points to spend and that did nicely.

My mood is a little down.  Not as in depressed, but less excited than I have been.  I think it is the plateauing.  Two weeks of Medifast and all I had to show for it was .4 pound.  It’s like my momentum was interrupted and I don’t feel as pumped.  Of course, I know that is normal and there will be times when things move more slowly than others – or even stop.  I would have liked to go into the transition feeling up about reaching my preliminary goal.  But I do think it is time.

I feel like I am getting so much food now.  I had planned my breakfast, lunch and dinner and still had 11 points left.  I don’t figure that will last, but it sure is nice right now!  I know better than to eat less than allotted.  You wind up not losing as well, or getting too hungry and bingeing.  I need to just follow the plan and let it work.

On WW, as you lose, you get less and less daily points.  I think as that happens, I will trade in activity points for food to keep it at approximately this much food.  We’ll just see how I lose on the plan and go from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and read every one! However, if you are trying to sell me or my readers something, your comment will be deleted posthaste. Thanks for reading my blog and I hope you receive encouragement from it. --Sheryl