Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Working the Plan

I finally have a little break in my day to get a few thoughts down.  Days are very busy, as I have said, with scarcely a moment to think about anything else, at times.  That is when a plan like Medifast works pretty well.  You don’t have to have time to plan, you just follow the program and it does the work for you.

I worked until 8:30 last night.  I had cooked my L&G meal ahead of time and taken it to work, just in case.  I was still hungry a while after that, so traded out my PM snack I was supposed to have with something I had there (both Medifast meals).  Of course, I can have any Medifast meal I want for any meal, it was just not what I had planned.  So later on, I will have to have a pancake when I had planned to have a snack bar, if I don’t buy any more food.  But I am quite sure I will have to do at least one more week than the two I had food for, so will have to order more food.

I got up 15 minutes earlier again today.  I got out to walk Cas at shortly after 6:00.  He is being so ornery.  Poor baby needs some attention.  I took a little more time on the walk to work with him on correcting some of his behavior.  I will have to keep doing that until he finally gets the message that I disagree with the behavior and I am the boss.  Good Lord.

While walking this morning, I felt a little weak in my legs.  This is a full schedule and lots of activity for 800-1,000 calories per day.  I tire easily, even just getting through my workday.  That is not surprising to me.

I got back to the house and ate a tangelo, since I was feeling the weakness.  It only helped a little, but I still did 20 minutes on the recumbent bike at a lower intensity than I would have otherwise (same as I did yesterday).  Building the habit and increasing my activity level is my goal, even if it is at a low intensity right now.

I had my MF pancake for breakfast.  When I got to work, I was walking in and I thought, I don’t know if I can do this.  It was not a cravings thing or feeling mentally weak.  It was totally physical.  A genuine question of whether my body can do what it needs to do today on the amount of fuel I am giving it.  I drank my SF Red Bull and felt some better.  And my hunger has been fine up until the time I am writing this, so I will continue.  If I really feel like I need to, I will add a little something, like a little container of Greek yogurt for 80 calories.  But I want to follow the plan.  I want to get to my goal.  I want to finish this leg of the journey so I can transition to the next (WW).

Jerry left at 4:15 today, so I finished up a few things and left at 5:30 so I could get home and get Cas a good walk done.  I was feeling weak again, so I ate a few frozen cherries.  I got the walk done and came home and ate dinner, which I just had to warm up.  I will rest this evening.

Night before last, I forgot to put my armband back on after checking my readout.  So yesterday morning I did not have it on for my morning walk or the recumbent bike ride.  It said I had over 9,000 steps yesterday, so I am guessing I had close to 10,000 steps plus the bike ride yesterday.  That’s good!  That was just from walking to work and back and my workday.  The readout said I burned nearly 3,000 calories yesterday, so add the morning walk and bike ride to that, and I probably did get a 2,000 calorie deficit yesterday.

I felt kind of droopy this afternoon, as in sleepy.  I’m glad I get to rest tonight.

One fun thing about what I am doing right now is I may wear something one week that is tighter than I would like it to be, but I always know, when I wear it the following week I will probably be able to tell a difference in how it fits.  That is true of what I am wearing today.  Love that!

Assuming I have to do another week of Medifast, I am thinking I may need to take a week off.  The only thing is, I really want to get this done by the end of the month.  I want to get my hair done and look good in the dress by Easter.  I will see how much I have left to go at the end of next week and decide.  If it is not very much, maybe I can do a modified version that will get the job done but won’t leave me feeling so weak.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and read every one! However, if you are trying to sell me or my readers something, your comment will be deleted posthaste. Thanks for reading my blog and I hope you receive encouragement from it. --Sheryl