Search This Blog

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Weigh-In Day

I am down to 258.0 this week. Woohoo!  That is a 3.4 loss this week and only 8 pounds to go to get to my preliminary goal.

I am going to have a "regular" eating day today, but not excessive.  My cravings are not out of control, but I feel like I need to eat a little more to be able to be successful next week.  I don't have much in the house for breakfast, so will have to decide what to do.  I do have some eggs, if I can think of something to have with them.  No bread, no potatoes, etc. in the house.  Hmmm.  Oh yeah -- I have some low carb tortillas.  I can make a wrap!

More later.


Later

I logged my weight on WW online and I got a screen (I was going to show it, but I keep getting an error message) that said I had met my preliminary goal I set when I joined WW (which was 260).  My 10% goal is 251.5, so I am not far away.

It still warns me I am losing too fast.  I want to tell them, “Don’t worry, it’s just temporary!”  But I have to admit I am enjoying my fast weight loss (although not the food restriction).  But I know slower is better for the long-term.

I am wearing my favorite jeans I got into about three weeks ago.  They were a little tight, to me, although my daughter said they didn’t look tight.  I tried riding my bike in them and that was challenging to pedal in them.  Now they are feeling comfortable in the waist and a little loose in the seat.  Not too loose; comfortably loose.  They are noticeably looser than last Saturday (for me).

For eating today, I made myself a wrap for breakfast with sautéed onion and red bell pepper, 2 eggs, and a slice of reduced fat cheese in a low-carb wrap.  This would be a day of using my extra points on WW, but I don’t want to go overboard.  Late morning I had some Greek yogurt and a few craisins.  I debated what to do for my other meals.  I didn’t have a car today (at first), so I thought I needed to eat at home or somewhere close by.  I also am “poor” this paycheck, since I am trying to pay down some debt and I didn’t get nearly as much OT this paycheck as usual.  I had a pork loin in the freezer, so I cooked that low and slow for two or three hours.  My thought was I could use it to make wraps, eat some with barbecue sauce, stir-fry it, etc.  I made fajitas with it today, since I didn’t have any potatoes or bread in the house to go with it, and didn’t want to buy any for this one day, but I did have some low carb tortillas.  I didn’t eat a formal lunch.  I didn’t plan that, that’s just how my hunger went.

I wanted some Nutella on something, but didn’t want to buy too much of whatever I was going to put it on, lest I be tempted during the week.  I bought an individual-sized wheat thins, so that worked nicely.  Incidentally, last Saturday, I put the jar of Nutella in the freezer to deter me from getting into it during the week.  I was a little less than confident about how well that would work.  Thursday evening, right before bedtime, I had the thought that I would just have a little lick of Nutella before going to bed.  I started searching the cabinet for it and couldn’t find it.  Then I remembered it was in the freezer.  Frozen Nutella is not very conducive to taking “just a lick,” so I abandoned that thought.  Not to mention, I forgot where I put it.  So I guess it worked pretty well.  After spreading a thin spread of Nutella on some wheat thins, I put it back in the freezer.

My son showed up with the car, so I went to the grocery store and got what I needed until next paycheck.  I got two big bags of baby carrots this time, so I would be sure to have some if I needed them.  I was going to get more cuties oranges, but the ones they had were turning brown in all the bags.  They felt okay (not squishy), but I didn’t trust them.  So I got some navel oranges and some tangelos.  I also got some strawberries (I hope they are better than the last ones I got) and some frozen, unsweetened cherries (which I love).  That with the meats and vegetables I need for my lean & green meals.  I bought some pound cake (just a few slices) for dessert tonight.  I ate a piece of Sara Lee pound cake with some berries and Cool Whip.  Whatever is not eaten of the pound cake will probably be thrown away, unless I can think of something “safe” to do with it.  Probably will throw it away since my daughters are trying to diet and anything else might tempt me.  Too easy to thaw one out and eat it when I am not supposed to.  That is why I bought the package with just a few pieces.  I know, I could give it to one of the homeless people around here?  Whatever I do, I don’t want it around here.

The fajitas were pretty healthy, I think.  I took some of the pork loin and spiced it a little more and sautéed it with onions and bell peppers.  I used a little packaged guacamole I had, a little bit of shredded low-fat cheese, and some pineapple salsa my son made.  All that was on a low-carb wrap.  Yummy!  The other thing I ate this afternoon was some Food Should Taste Good sweet potato chips I bought at the store.  Not a ton, but more than a serving.  (This is my extra-point day!)  At this point I feel pretty satisfied, but I might eat something else before bedtime.

I am really thirsty this evening.  I didn’t get to drink as much water yesterday, and I’m not great about doing it on the weekend, although I have been drinking.  I am having trouble with my calves cramping up at night, and sometimes my feet.  I took a potassium and a magnesium supplement, but so far, that hasn’t seemed to help that much.

I got two new pairs of shoes.  Some red flats:
 

And some black and bone t-straps.


I was looking for some navy blue shoes for work and this is what I came up with.  Lol.  I found some navy shoes now, but might wait a bit to order them.  I wanted to find some two-tone blue and tan (or something) shoes, but they only came in the black and white or red and black.  But I did find some cute blue wedges.  I haven’t had anything close to white shoes in a long time, so I guess these are good.  They will go good with a couple of outfits I have gotten into.

I fell asleep this afternoon and woke up at about 5:30 thinking, “This is my only day to eat!  Why am I wasting my day!”  Lol.  I just haven’t been out of control with cravings this time.  And not like I have wanted to stuff my face all the time, either.  Maybe my appetite is decreasing.  That would be awesome.

Not much physical today except a couple of walks.  It’s pretty cold today, and I haven’t gotten on the recumbent bike.  Will that happen before bedtime?  Probably not.  I’m just being honest.  I have felt like resting today.  And I finally got my whiny dog settled down enough to do it.

Guess that’s it for today.

1 comment:

I welcome your comments and read every one! However, if you are trying to sell me or my readers something, your comment will be deleted posthaste. Thanks for reading my blog and I hope you receive encouragement from it. --Sheryl