Search This Blog

Monday, March 25, 2013

Walk & Firm

Goodness, this was a busy, busy day.  There was some kind of e-mail that came out from the Court saying we were not going to trial on May 6, and then another one came through where that language had been removed, so I really don’t know what is going on.  We are going forward like we are going to trial.  In a way, I was hoping it was true, because I could use a day off, but in another way, my life is on hold in a lot of ways until this trial is over, so I want it to go forward.

Yesterday went well on my first day of WW.  I am going to have to start making better use of my weekend to get in some exercise, since I cannot count on my schedule right now on weekdays, for sure.  I wasn’t able to go home for lunch today, so no walk then.  I did walk Cas this morning, but overslept and did not get my recumbent bike workout done, despite my best efforts to get other things done ahead of time last night.  I don’t know why I didn’t wake up enough when my alarm went off.  I usually know when it goes off that I have 15 minutes to get up on time.  This time, I turned it off and went right back to sleep for another 45 minutes.  The pets were not bothering me either, which was unusual.  Anyway, I left work at 7:00 tonight (a 10-1/2 hour work day without much of any break).  I had to walk Cas, and I tried the Leslie Sansone Walk & Firm video I have.  It has mini squats and lunges in it, which will be a good start toward my strength training routine.  It also uses some hand weights to do a little arm work.  My knees are starting to hurt me a bit, but it is my knees, not my back, except for twinges now and again.  That didn’t seem to affect these moves too much.  I was tuned in to whether my back felt twinge-y as I went along.  I am anxious to work on my arms, since they are bothering me.  Not so much loose skin yet, but too fat and flabby.  I guess with Spring coming on, when you wear shorter sleeves, I am focused on it more.  Speaking of which, it was 34 degrees this morning.  In Texas.  In late March.  That is unusual.  Kind of ready for some warmer weather, but once it comes, all too soon, it will be way too hot.  I’ll look at it this way, hot weather will make me sweat more and that helps with weight loss.  Just looking on the bright side.

Breakfast this morning was protein waffles with blueberry topping again.  I made a triple batch when I made them (the one thing I don’t like about the recipe is it is a little time consuming to scrape the batter out of the blender every time; so I decided to try making a triple batch to see if it kept okay (it did), so I only have to scrape it out of the blades of the blender one out of three times).  I am out of cottage cheese, so no more until I go to the store again.  I think tomorrow will be some kind of flavored oats (also a la Lori) – probably banana custard.

I hit the ground running at work and had lunch at my desk.  I know that is frowned upon, but that’s life right now.  Lunch was another tuna wrap (only 5 points!), but this time I made some tuna salad with Miracle Whip Light, sweet pickle relish and chopped boiled egg.  I liked this a lot better than the one I had yesterday, for tuna.  It was not such a fishy taste.  At least I can use up all the tuna I have (I bought a multiple pack sometime in the past at Costco).  I thought it was going to become pet food yesterday.  J  With the tuna wrap I had baby carrots and an orange (a 5-point meal).

Afternoon snacks included a container of Greek yogurt (2 points), strawberries (0 points) and a slice of reduced calorie bread with 1 tsp. peanut butter (2 points).

Dinner was 4 oz. grilled chicken breast with barbecue sauce, ½ cup Quinoa cooked with chicken stock and garlic paste, and another skewer of the veggie kabobs like yesterday.

After this, I still had 8 points left, so I had 3 crackers with a teaspoon of Nutella spread on each (4 points) and 4 cups of popcorn.  I guess I should use more earlier in the day, but I like to save enough at the end of the day that I can satisfy any hunger I have (that is my weakest time of day).  I keep feeling like I am eating too much, but I am just used to the little I got on Medifast.

I’m still a bit “down” because of the plateau.  For some reason, I feel like I have gained weight, but I have not.  It will pass, and I am sure I will get moving again.

I really have to get going on my exercise in earnest now.  I didn’t have such a good start this morning.  I will be glad when I have more energy, in general.  I was able to do 20 out of 30 minutes on the Walk & Firm tape.  I could have finished, but I felt it wise not to push too much the first time.  I don’t feel like I did anything to bring on a flare-up.  This is so amazing, because when I first started Medifast, I couldn’t even do the little kicks on one of her tapes, and my hips would start burning and getting too uncomfortable after about 10 minutes.  The left side of my hip got a little “burn-y” for a minute, but it let up after a bit.  And I was doing squats and lunges too.  So, I am very pleased with how much my physical condition has improved from the weight loss.  None of it bothered my knees either.  I expect to be sore tomorrow, but the usual kind of soreness.  I would like to do a 30-minute recumbent bike workout in the morning and do this video each night I can (with my work schedule), as well as walking my dog a couple of times a day.  That’s a pretty good amount of activity.

With this, I am well on my way to the active lifestyle I want to live.  I would like to get another 15 pounds off by the time the trial is over (which would be towards the end of May).  I think that is possible, with consistent work (but I will not be overly disappointed if it doesn’t happen – it is just something to work toward).  At that time, if I feel ready, I am going to put my profile back on a dating website and see about starting to date again.  That would make me around 20 pounds or so lighter than the last time I did this, and I did okay about getting dates then.  I want to be confident enough in myself where I hold firm on what I am looking for in a man and be strong enough to require him to prove he really wants what he is chasing.  It was my experience last time that guys like to pursue and once they think they have caught you, they are not as interested.  Or so it seemed.  I just know I am not going to give my heart away easily.  I certainly want to find a better man than I did the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and read every one! However, if you are trying to sell me or my readers something, your comment will be deleted posthaste. Thanks for reading my blog and I hope you receive encouragement from it. --Sheryl