Search This Blog

Thursday, March 21, 2013

One More Day!

I had a whole post written and my computer crashed.  Darn it.

I think I am plateauing.  I decided to eat a little more on these last two days of Medifast.  That doesn’t mean I can go all out.  I am going to keep it at 1200 calories.  For example, for breakfast this morning, in addition to my Medifast pancake, I ate a piece of reduced calorie bread (40 calories) with a teaspoon of peanut butter (32 calories).  I checked the calories on my day with that and the banana I ate this morning (plus my usual foods) and it came up to just over 1000.  So I will add a container of Greek yogurt (80 calories) and some fruit, probably for dinner.  I checked the points on that and it added up to 21.  My current daily points allowance is 35.  So that is well under what I can eat on WW.

I am a little nervous about transitioning to WW.  I worry about keeping things under control.  I expect that my body might have to make a little adjustment from eating 900-1000 calories a day for a couple of months and moving to eating however many I will be getting on WW.  I don’t know, but it seems like your metabolism would have to adjust a little.  Or will the fact that I will still be eating less than required to maintain my weight mean I will keep right on losing, just slower?  I don’t know, but it will be an interesting experiment.

I was a little late getting out of bed this morning, but only a few minutes.  I did walk Cas and I did my recumbent bike workout (20 minutes).  As I said yesterday, I want to start doing 30 minutes on the recumbent bike starting next week, but other than that, the extra exercise I want to start with is some strength training.  Strength training is supposed to help your metabolism work better, and the added muscle burns more calories.  So I want to get into doing a strength workout routine before trying to add any more cardio (other than my walks with my dogs and riding my bike when I want to).

Despite the scale not moving, I am obviously losing inches.  I am wearing an outfit I last wore 2 weeks ago, and there is obviously a different in the way it fits.  I wish I knew the explanation of why I am losing fat and not losing weight.  I can’t say it is because I am gaining muscle, because I am not doing enough working out for that, I don’t believe.  Just one of those times the body decides to hang onto fluid, I guess.  It will show up eventually.

As I have gone through the day, it amazes me how much difference just that little bit of extra food has made.  I haven’t been hungry at all.  Maybe going on something really restrictive at first is not a bad idea because when you get your “normal” amount of food later, it seems like a lot.  But I suspect your body quickly adapts.

I went home for lunch, but I did not do my usual walk with Cas.  It is really windy today and I hate wind.  I have to work late tonight, but if it is not too, too late, I will do a “parking garage” walk if lack of daylight and weather issues keep me from doing a regular one.  I spent my lunch hour cleaning my loft.  I got the kitchen all spiffied up, and it felt so much better to leave it that way than the way it was this morning.  I got some work done on my bedroom, too, but still have more to do in there.  My bedroom is so crowded, just a little bit of stuff makes it look a big mess.  I would like to get a new chair for my room that did not take up so much room, but I will have to wait until I get some other stuff having to do with the kids paid off.  I don’t want to incur that much debt.

I was just thinking, I can’t wait for the summer fruits to come out.  Berries are already coming out, I guess (I will be going to Costco next trip for groceries!), but I can’t wait for cantaloupe, grapes, peaches/nectarines, watermelon, etc.

I’m still at work and it’s 9:48 p.m.  Ready to go home, but don’t know how soon it will be.  I worry about my babies at home (but that is one reason I got the kitty – so they could keep each other company).

I’m going to be tired tomorrow, but at least it will be Friday.  One more day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and read every one! However, if you are trying to sell me or my readers something, your comment will be deleted posthaste. Thanks for reading my blog and I hope you receive encouragement from it. --Sheryl