Search This Blog

Sunday, March 3, 2013

I Have to Be Wise

Back to Medifast today, and I am fine with that.

I woke up this morning and looked at the clock and it was after 6:00.  My first thought was, “Oh no, my alarm didn’t go off, and I’m late.”  I jumped out of bed and then remembered today is Sunday.  So I went back to bed for another hour and a half.

Cas is really whiny right now.  It was pretty cold and breezy this morning, so I wanted to wait a bit before getting out to walk him.  But he was just too whiny.  So I got out at about 8:30 and took him for a short walk.  That wind was cold!  I took him down to the park where we go in the morning.  It got pretty cold, so I was glad to get back to the loft.  I puttered around the loft a while, a little cleaning, a little computer stuff, and a little TV.  By about 10:30 Cas was whining again and very needy.  By this time it had gotten warmer and I got him out for a longer walk.  This was further than I have walked in a while.  I did fine, but I was tired.  My left knee felt a little achy, but not the sharp pain I was having.  This was definitely my knee and not radiating pain. I walked Cas with his backpack on and I think it did the trick.  He settled down for a nap after that.  I checked the readout on my armband, and I was up over 5,000 steps early in the day.  I wouldn’t be surprised if it was more, since sometimes it doesn’t show up until later.  I don’t know why.

I needed to go to work for a while, so I did that at around 1:00.  I drank down my lunch of a strawberry shake when I got there.  I am trying to do better on my water today, so had had 3 bottles of water by that time.  I had a few baby carrots before I left for work and took an orange with me in case I got hungry.  There is stuff to tempt me at work, especially if I am alone.  I didn’t end up needing the orange.

Michelle made a comment on a post a week or two ago.  I was talking about not minding being alone.  She said, historically, I probably liked being alone because I could eat without worrying about anyone else.  That is very true.  I have even had those thoughts and plans.  “I wish they would go somewhere so I could eat.”  When I can’t eat unrestricted, I don’t enjoy it quite as much.  I have to keep myself occupied in other ways.  Being alone is definitely a past trigger for me.  For example, for a while, my cubie at work kept a candy bowl on her ledge.  That candy was always calling to me.  Even when I had decided I was not going to eat from the candy bowl, as soon as she would leave her desk, the first thought was, “I can get some candy now.”  I had to remind myself I wasn’t doing that.  But her leaving her desk was always a trigger.  Thank goodness, she is not keeping that candy bowl there anymore, but I do know where she has her stash.  She showed it to me and welcomed me to partake anytime I was at the office late and got hungry.  My mind is very set right now, so it wasn’t a problem today, but in a weak moment it could be.  Incidentally, my cubie is about 5 feet tall and probably weighs 80 pounds.  Why is it the small ones who always keep the candy bowls?

I worked a couple of hours and got home a little after 3.  I was doing good on my water.  I had my afternoon snack when I got home.  I checked the readout on my armband again.  At that time it showed I had over 8,000 steps for the day, so my goal was met by 3:00!  Of course, I walked to work and back, plus some walking around while at work.  I felt ready for a nap, so settled down to watch some TV and fell asleep.

I find myself wanting to fix myself up a little more before going out to walk my dog.  You never know who you might meet.  ;)  I think that’s a good sign.  In some ways I’d like to start trying to date now, but I know I will not have much time between now and May, so I guess I will wait a bit.  Unless it just happens.  The way I would really like it to happen is for someone I know and who knows me well to introduce me to someone they think would be a good match.  Instead of having to go the online way.  But I am not opposed to doing that if I have to.  I have done it before and met some really nice guys.

I woke up at about 5:30 and piddled around a bit until time for dinner.  Dinner was some pork tenderloin, asparagus and cooked carrots.  It was good and filling.

I had a brief thought of those sweet potato chips I bought yesterday, but I am determined right now, so it wasn’t really tempting.

My hair is really bothering me, so it is a real incentive to get to my goal as soon as possible.  Not to mention getting to eat regular food.  I don’t want to mess around any longer than I have to.  I wish I could average 4 pounds per week the next 2 weeks, but I am guessing it will probably take another one, at least.  I’m going to have to get more burn, if that is going to happen.  Hmmm.  I will have to see if I have enough strength to eat that few calories and get the burn it would take to make that happen.  I bought some combs and barrettes for my hair in the meantime.  But it is really the color that is bothering me more than anything.  It looks so drab and my gray is showing a lot more.

Each night I get off on time, I should plan to do a workout after dinner on either my recumbent bike or doing a Leslie Sansone video.  I can also climb the stairs each chance I get.  I was feeling too tired to do that last week.  But climbing 4 flights of stairs only takes a couple of minutes.  And if I do that 3 or 4 times a day, that will add to my burn.

I have 9,100 steps at this point today.  That’s more walking than usual.  We’ll see if I can up the activity a little more this week.  But I have to be wise.  If I push it too much, it can backfire on me.  So we will see how it goes.  If I push too much and end up eating off plan, it will take me longer anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and read every one! However, if you are trying to sell me or my readers something, your comment will be deleted posthaste. Thanks for reading my blog and I hope you receive encouragement from it. --Sheryl