Search This Blog

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Getting Ready for Another Week


Well, I ate too much yesterday.  I was doing fine until I went to the jewelry party with my daughter.  They had food for everyone – baguette with dip, chips and dip, cheese and crackers, and fruit, as well as drinks.  I have never been a drinker, as far as alcohol goes.  It’s not that I am against it – I just don’t like it.  They didn’t have much else except soft drinks, so I drank a coke.  I ate a few of the snacks, but nothing excessive.  After the presentation of the jewelry “show,” someone came around and passed out “pineapple upside down shooters.”  I tasted it, and although it burned going down, it tasted pretty good.  So I drank the shot.  Then it was time for birthday cake (it was the hostess’ birthday – who happened to be Stephanie’s supervisor at her job).  She pressed plates with small pieces of each kind of cake (there were two) into our hands and said, please eat it because she didn’t want any leftovers.  I obeyed.  So I ate two small pieces of cake.  Then we left.  Steph had not eaten all day, so wanted to go eat, so we went to Texas Roadhouse.  They serve rolls as long as you want to eat them.  I ate two rolls while waiting to put in our order.  They asked if we wanted more – I didn’t, but Steph did, so they brought more.  We ordered a combo plate of steak and ribs and split it, so I guess that part was good.   I have been craving a potato and Steph didn’t want one, she just wanted salad.  So she ate the salad and I was going to eat the potato.  She got her salad almost immediately, but it took a while for them to bring the rest of the food (they made a mistake on our order, so it took longer).  I was sitting there staring at those rolls trying to resist.  I ended up pinching a few bites off one, so ate another half of a roll.  I didn’t put any butter on them, except what they put on top of them before they come to the table.  I ate half of a small steak – probably 2 ounces – and 2 ribs.  I ordered a sweet potato and asked for the butter on the side.  I put less than a teaspoon of butter on the potato and ate the whole thing, leaving the skin.  (It was good.)  Then Steph took me home.  I don’t know what my problem was, but I kind of had the mentality that I have done that much, so I might as well do some more.  I got me some Starburst at CVS and ate that.  Later I was hungry, so popped some popcorn and ate that and I ate some ice cream after that.  I never felt stuffed.  It’s like I had a hollow leg or something.  I know it could have been a lot worse, but I did not intend to eat that much.

I woke up this morning determined to get right back on track, but felt kind of draggy.  Not the least bit energetic.  I struggled with wanting to eat all day, but kept my eating on track.  I took Cas for a walk fairly early and it was really windy.  We went to the park I usually take him to in the morning and I hurried back.  He was restless and whiny, so I decided to do what I had come up with Friday fo4 days like today.  We rode the elevator to the 2nd floor of the parking garage, walked twice around that level, went up the stairs to the 3rd floor, walked around it twice, etc., etc. through the 6th floor.  I went up the stairs to the 7th floor, but the door to that level is locked and I don’t know how you access it.  The 7th and 8th floor are for residents only, so there has to be a way for me to get in there, but I will have to find out.  So we took the stairs back down to the 4th floor and went home.  It’s a good plan for days like today, but he could have used a long walk.  I will find out how to access the 7th and 8th floors, and we will go around each level 3 times next time and see how that goes.

I have done some cleaning today, although I wouldn’t call it company clean yet.  I need some help putting the bins back up in the top of my closet.  I took a nap and caught up on some of my TV shows.  Cas has still been really whiny, so I tried taking him out again about an hour ago (it stays light longer now, which is nice), but it was so windy and a cold front is blowing in and it was not pleasant.  But it gave him a chance to do his business.  Then I gave him a supplement that calms him down and relaxes him, so I can enjoy the rest of my evening.  I will be happy for some warmer weather, but the trouble is, once that starts on a regular basis, in no time it will be unpleasantly hot.  That’s just the way it is in Texas.

I’m still struggling a little with wanting to eat, but I am determined to get to my goal.  I have drank 6 bottles of water so far today.  I hope that will help with the excess from yesterday.  I hope I didn’t do too much damage.

I found a few more things I can wear in the bins, and more that I will be able to wear very soon.  25 pounds or so from now, I should be able to wear most of the clothes in the six bins in my closet.  So I should not have any shortage of clothes.  I may have to buy a few things to tie things together, but otherwise I will be set for quite a while.  If all goes as planned, maybe by the end of the summer, I will be passing those clothes up.  Most of them are 16s.

At the same time, I removed clothes hanging in my closet that are too big and that I have replacements for and put those back in the bin.  As soon as it is filled up, I will take those to Goodwill or somewhere.  I’m not planning on wearing them ever again.

I hope I will still have enough energy in the morning to do a good workout.  I will try for 30 minutes.  I need to get up and moving to have time for that.  This may be a tough week, judging from today.  I was weak and hungry at times last week, but never felt like I would give in.  I didn’t feel that mentally strong today, although I did fine.  Probably just because of giving in so much yesterday.  Hopefully I will be over it by tomorrow.  I really want to reach that goal as soon as possible.  Right now it feels like a long week of being hungry.  But lots of times I will be hungry one and day and be fine the next, so hopefully not.

Now I’m going to get some things together for tomorrow and got to bed.  Hopefully I can make my mornings work a little better next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and read every one! However, if you are trying to sell me or my readers something, your comment will be deleted posthaste. Thanks for reading my blog and I hope you receive encouragement from it. --Sheryl