Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Counting Down

I got a slow start this morning, and as a result had thoughts of just doing a token workout.  I didn’t get up until 6:15 or after, so had to get out the door to walk Cas fairly quickly.  I did that – it was in the 40s, but it was breezy and that made it cold!  I got out the door without my hat and gloves, so I was chilly.

I had set out some fish and chicken to thaw last night so I could get something cooked to take to work in case I have to work late some night this week.  I put the fish and some asparagus in the oven to cook while I did my recumbent bike workout.  I did not do a token workout, but did 20 minutes, doing the arm work while I was pedaling.  After I finished the arm work, I had about 3 minutes left, so I picked up the pace a little for the last 3 minutes.  It felt good.  (I did eat a few baby carrots before the bike workout, since I felt empty.)

After the workout, I also put the chicken in to cook for some meals later this week.  I attempted making my own teriyaki sauce.  I also put some Chinese 5 Spice seasoning on it.  I don’t like licorice and I have never cared for fennel or anise, and I didn’t know until later 5 Spice seasoning has all of those things in it.  I ate the chicken, but I gave the second piece to the dog.  Not only did I not like the seasoning, I cooked it too long and it was dry.  I am not going to eat something I don’t like for the little bit of real food I get in a day.

Despite my slow start, I made it to work by 8:30 this morning, which is what I have been aiming for.  I had time to take the “long way” around, walking to work, instead of the shortcut through the parking building I have been taking.

I got almost 10,000 steps in yesterday, with the 3 walks.  Hopefully I will get to go to lunch again today, but I never know.  There is a meeting with co-counsel this morning, and Jerry said I would need to attend.  Hopefully they will all go to lunch somewhere and I can run home and walk Cas.  (Nope – didn’t get to go.)

As I said before, I am sure I will have to do another week of Medifast to get this last 4.4 pounds off.  I am having to make up for this past Saturday a bit, so I would be shocked if I had a 4.4 loss showing up on Saturday.  I have meals mapped out using the Medifast meals I have on hand, and with buying two more boxes of food (some pancakes and some snack bars), I will have enough to last me through Thursday of week after next.  That leaves Friday to get through before that weigh-in.  I have one MF meal for that day, but will have to improvise the rest of that day.  I can make some Egg Beaters with fiber added for at least one of those meals.  I can use yogurt for at least one of those meals.  The rest of them I will try to substitute something similar in calories with hopefully enough protein and fiber to mimic a MF meal.  Then, hopefully, by weigh-in on Saturday, March 23, I will have reached my goal.  I would rather do it this way than buy food I may never use.  I may decide to buy one extra box, but that is not my plan at this point.

Yesterday turned out to be pretty easy.  I was busy enough that I didn’t think about being hungry or wanting to eat.  I didn’t go to bed hungry like I sometimes do.  This morning it was well after 10:00 before I even thought about my morning snack.  I tried to hold lunch off as long as I could, and had my sake a little after 1:00.  That seems to work better.

I am anxious to get going on some strength training.  I need to be careful.  The first exercise in the book I bought shows a barbell squat.  I haven’t read enough before that to know if a beginner is supposed to start there or with squats without any added weight.  I’m not even sure I can do one without any added weight.  At times even partial squats have made my back hurt, so I need to start slow and see what I can tolerate without setting off a flare-up.  I want to get to where I can do all these things because I want those strong, athletic-looking legs with good definition.  After writing this, the next time I went to the restroom, I decided to see how a squat felt.  I was surprised that I was able to go down into what I think was a full squat and there was no pain in my back or knees (however, my knees did crackle while doing it, lol).  I did 10 squats.  When I walked out of the bathroom, my legs felt all shaky.  I am going to try to do 2 more sets today.  (I did do two more sets this evening, with no unusual pain.)  I am sure I will be sore tomorrow.  I don’t mind if my back is sore like a normal person’s back would be.  I just don’t want to set off any sciatica.  I felt no strain while I was doing it.

I am extra sleepy again today.  I really hate that.  I got a little hungry early afternoon, so ate a tangelo.  I didn’t have one this morning, so I am eating no more than usual.  That didn’t quite do it for me, and I ended up eating my snack a little early.  Then, late afternoon, I was still hungry, so I ate some more baby carrots.

I don’t know why, some days more than others, when I have basically done the same thing, my shoulders start feeling knotted up and I started getting a headache.  That was happening this afternoon, so I took another half-dose of my muscle relaxant, which I usually sometimes take in the morning to prevent that happening, if I am struggling with that.  I don’t know if it is because of fatigue or what.  As I wrote this, I realized it probably has to do with the fact that I did not go to lunch and get away from my desk.  I worked straight through from 8:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.

I’m about to nod off, so am going to get this posted.  I made it through today, despite being hungry at times.  Let’s see, if all goes as planned, 9 more days and I transition to Weight Watchers.  I’m going to count it down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and read every one! However, if you are trying to sell me or my readers something, your comment will be deleted posthaste. Thanks for reading my blog and I hope you receive encouragement from it. --Sheryl