Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Weight Loss Calculations - If the Science was Exact


Well, I regretted a little bit doing that Leslie Sansone video last night.  The second round, I didn’t do any of the knee lifts, but it was too late, if that was what was causing my pain.  I woke up in the middle of the night with enough radiating pain that I couldn’t go back to sleep without some medication.  And, of course, it took that a while to kick in.  It is kind of disappointing, since I have been feeling so much better, but evidently not enough better to do all the steps on that video.  When things (in my back) settle down again, I will try it again without the knee lifts and see how I do.  Then, later, if I have been getting through several weeks without pain issues cropping up, I will try it again.  I don’t know why, but I feel twinges in my back and my hips hurt when I walk, and I am having radiating pain into the back of my right knee.  I also had pain during the workout in my left knee, but that was the knee itself, not pain radiating from the back.  I think I need to get an appointment for an injection.  I will for sure before I start really increasing the intensity of my exercise.

My food was on track yesterday and today.  It’s almost time to order some more Medifast meals.  I probably will be doing this another month, but will still just order 2 weeks at a time, in case I decide to change course.  I don’t want to spend any more money than I have to.  I am sooo looking forward, eating-wise, to transitioning to WW.  But I am enjoying getting smaller this quickly, so that motivates me to keep going.  I really want to do this until I reach 250, if I can.

Today I have been planning ahead to get more steps in earlier in the day.  I added a little bit to my morning route when I walked Cas, and at work today, I have been taking a “round” (really, a square) around our floor when I go to the restroom, if I do not have time restraints with work (there is a corridor that goes around inside the perimeter of the building).  I didn’t get to go home for lunch today, but my boss left at 4:30.  Since I worked through lunch, I asked about leaving a little earlier and my supervisor told me to leave soon after Jerry did.  I wanted to get a long enough walk in to get all my steps in today.  Funny how tracking that number is so motivating.

I have been thinking more about the anchor I talked about yesterday.  That is a BIG motivation to me.  I don’t want to think about it constantly, but when motivation is running low, I want to pull that up and let it motivate me to stay on track.

I’m really sleepy this afternoon.  I guess the lost sleep last night had this effect.

I got home at around 5:00 and got Cas and I ready for a walk and headed out the door.  My armband read-out said I needed somewhere around 2,600 steps, so I expanded my route to hopefully be long enough to get them all in.  The pain going down the back of my right leg to behind the knee was hurting A LOT.  At one point, although I didn’t really think it would help, I sat down and massaged the area that was hurting.  I was surprised that that helped.  It felt better for the rest of the walk.

So I got back home and put dinner on (my plan was to have baked chicken, but when I opened up the foil package I had thawed out, it was flat iron steak instead of chicken).  So I had a 4-oz. flat iron steak with about a tablespoon of steak sauce, plus some fresh broccoli and fresh cauliflower tossed in a teaspoon of olive oil and roasted with salt, pepper and garlic powder.  I had enough calories left, so I had some fresh pineapple.

While dinner was cooking, I hooked up my armband to my computer again and it said I was still 500 steps short!  Good grief.  I knew that was going to bother me, but I settled in to eat my dinner and watch a show on my DVR.  Then I got up to clean the kitchen back up and knew I was going to have to go get those 500 steps.  So I leashed Cas back up and we took another walk, this time taking my usual morning route.  When I got back to the house, I hooked the armband back up to the computer and it said I had about 8,700 steps (700 over target)!  However that happened, I feel good that I reached my target.

I still have one MF meal I can have, but I am actually pretty satisfied right now.  However, I will have that meal in a bit because I don’t want to wake up famished tomorrow.

So, I am working the plan and I trust the plan will work for me on weigh-in day.  I sure would like to be below 260 by a week from Saturday, but you never know what the body is going to give up on the scale.  If this were an exact science, it would work this way.  Since Sunday I have an average daily calorie deficit (burned more than I ate) of 2,091 calories.  Multiply that by 6 (Saturday I don’t have much of a deficit, if any) and then divide by 3,500 calories/pound and you come out with about 3.6 pounds lost per week.  That would not quite get me past 260, but almost, at the end of next week.  But I burn more calories on the weekend because I am walking and riding my bike and cleaning house, so it could happen.  But it doesn’t always work neatly like that.  But I will do my best to get as much burn as I can every day, while sticking to plan.  I sure wish I could get to 250 in 4 more weeks.  Saturday will be the end of 4 weeks.  That would be a total loss of 36.4 in 8 weeks.  It could happen, given the huge loss I had the first week.  I just have to stick with the plan.

Time for evening snack and I just might go to bed early.  I’m sleepy.  Night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and read every one! However, if you are trying to sell me or my readers something, your comment will be deleted posthaste. Thanks for reading my blog and I hope you receive encouragement from it. --Sheryl