Search This Blog

Friday, February 8, 2013

Sore Knees and Weekend Plans


I was slow moving today.  I just had a hard time waking up and getting going.  I still had a lot of interrupted sleep (my dog and some pain).

My knees were bothering me quite a bit this morning.  I waited a bit before I walked Cas, and didn’t try to expand my route any.  I thought I would try to add steps to my usual route at lunch, if they felt okay.  I took my medication and an anti-inflammatory, but they still felt very tender.  Hopefully Tuesday’s injections will help. When I was walking home for lunch, not only were my knees still bothering me, but my hips were hurting enough to notice too.  I decided not to push it with a long walk today.  I actually just went home and enjoyed a lunch hour without doing much.  The plan was that if they were feeling better this evening and I did not have to work too late, I would try to get in a longer walk then.  I did get off in time (yay!), but I still was not feeling great.  And I was feeling kind of weak because I was hungry.  So I got dinner in the oven and took Cas for a short walk.  Even if I can’t take him for a long walk, he still has to be taken out.

Sometimes I wish I didn’t have a dog because I just want a lazy day without going anywhere, and with him, I have to get out and walk him, etc.  But I guess that’s really a good thing, huh?

Dinner was baked tilapia and roasted Brussels sprouts and onions.  I used one of my fat allowances to make a little tartar sauce.  It was delicious!

Eating was fine yesterday.  Instead of my evening MF shake, I ate a couple of slices of pineapple.  Not exactly on plan, but fine calorie-wise.  I wasn’t as hungry last night and that held me fine.

There are times when something gets my attention (food) and I will start to think, “that really sounds good.”  But I know if I start entertaining that thought, it could lead to me going off plan, so I quickly turn my thoughts away from that.  I’m telling you, things that I normally would not even be interested in sound good to me sometimes these days.  Like a deli sandwich at the convenience store.  Those usually look a lot better than they are, but I walked through CVS yesterday and saw one out of the corner of my eye, and that looked so good to me at that moment.  It’s my deprived taste buds talking.

I ordered my next two weeks of food Wednesday.  I realized today I am getting pretty low on stuff, so I hoped it came today.  Last time it came two days after I ordered, so there was a good chance it would come today, and it did.  Otherwise this weekend would have been a lot of shakes.  J  I got foods I knew I liked, but I did try two new ones:  the s’mores crunch bars and the chocolate chip soft bake (cookie).  I tried it tonight and it was okay, better than the brownies.

My part came in on my recumbent bike, so hopefully it will be fixed soon.  I talked to my son about rearranging some things in the living/dining area so we can put a twin mattress in an area with a room divider in front of it.  That way he has more privacy and I can ride my recumbent bike in the morning without having to go to the fitness center if I don’t want to, and without disturbing him so much.  I did pretty well with riding the recumbent bike every morning before for quite a while.  I can watch the shows on my DVR if I want to, and I have access to it any time.  I am sure my son will be glad not to sleep on the couch.

Tomorrow is my splurge meal and this is the first time I have given it much thought.  Usually I want to go out, but I can’t think of what I would like to do tomorrow.  I think I am going to go to the Italian place on the corner – leaning toward pizza.  But I may just get it take-out, especially if I eat alone.  If I get pizza, I will have to give my son the leftovers.  Or freeze them.  One thing is sure, I want to eat later on Saturday.

I need to work a couple of hours sometime this weekend.  I need some time in the office without interruptions so I can do some organizing.

Other than that, the plan is much the same as last weekend.  Walking, biking and cleaning.  And resting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and read every one! However, if you are trying to sell me or my readers something, your comment will be deleted posthaste. Thanks for reading my blog and I hope you receive encouragement from it. --Sheryl