Search This Blog

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Medifast Again

Today has been better activity-wise.  I have had two walks and a bike ride.  The headache has been better today – only a minor one part of the day.

Today was the first day back on Medifast, and so far so good.  I had a little hunger, but only a little.  I have to learn to turn my mind back to just following the plan without thinking about any cravings for certain foods.  I have been able to do that today.  I have one meal left – a chocolate chip soft-bake.  These are not very good, but I have four left, so I will eat them.  When my next order comes in, all the food I have, except for the shakes, will be things I don’t mind eating.  The shakes are not too bad, if I only have to have them once a day.

I tried a new product today called Sauté Express.  It is a blend of olive oil and butter with herbs and spices.  The kind I tried was garlic & herb. A serving counts as two fat allowances, which is what I am allowed with my Lean & Green meal.
 
I sautéed my broccoli in it.  It was the best broccoli I ever made.  I also had a flat-iron steak with a little steak sauce and some steamed baby carrots.  I wanted to make sure I took care of my hunger.
 

I rearranged my living room and got some things put up that have been there since I moved in.  I didn’t really have a place to put them and the things belong to my sister, so I couldn’t get rid of them.  However, I have started using the shower stall in the master bath as a storage area.  I prefer to take a bath and if I or someone else wants a shower, they can take one in the front bathroom.  The living room is arranged better for me to ride the recumbent bike in the mornings.  One thing I want to do (and wish I could do it now, but need to wait) is to buy a rug for the dining area that goes with the living room, since there is really no divider between the two now.  I would like a brown and cream rug, so will have to find one I want later when I can spend the money on it.

I need to do more cleaning.  I find that I am too “content” for things to be cluttered and I am trying to change that.  It’s all about new habits.

Sundays are pretty solitary days for me.  It’s good thing I don’t mind being alone.  Even when I go to church, I still feel alone.  Need to make some friends.  Some days, if I didn’t have my dog, I probably wouldn’t leave the house.  I guess that means it’s a good thing I have my dog, huh?  It gets me out walking and riding my bike, etc.

That’s it.  I’m going to enjoy the rest of my weekend, since Monday comes all too soon.

2 comments:

  1. That meal looks extremely healthy, great job!! "Need to make some friends." I found this to be a big part of my being overweight, I isolated too much. I thought I liked being alone (and I do, but not THAT much) but I realized I liked eating alone, not necessarily being alone. Part of discovery with losing the weight has been how much I enjoy being social. I think I was in hiding for years. You are making an amazing transformation of your life, clean out all that clutter - the weight, the stuff, the unhealthy habits, the toxic people...all of it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wholeheartedly agree! I remember you said at the first part of your blog that you had a goal to just get out of the house once a week, or something like that.

      Delete

I welcome your comments and read every one! However, if you are trying to sell me or my readers something, your comment will be deleted posthaste. Thanks for reading my blog and I hope you receive encouragement from it. --Sheryl