Search This Blog

Monday, February 18, 2013

Changing Things Up

Well, I kept on struggling after I posted last night.  I ate some craisins and a few pecans.  Not horrible, but I had trouble going to sleep because I did not feel satisfied.  I finally did, without eating anything else.

I decided I would take a week off from Medifast.  Not a week off to do nothing; a week off and do WW.  So I mapped out my meals for the day this morning.  The problem is, I didn’t shop for doing WW, I shopped for doing MF.  So I don’t have much food in the house.  For breakfast I had a bowl of oatmeal with a little brown sugar, some toasted coconut and a tablespoon of peanut butter.  I wish I had had some pumpkin, but didn’t.  I also wished I had some all-fruit jelly, but did not.  This was not very sweet, but with the coconut and peanut butter, was very tasty.  And it was very satisfying.  And I didn’t feel that gnawing craving like I have had the last 2-3 days.  I hope taking a week off will refill my stores and allow me to go 3 more weeks on Medifast.  Kind of like intervals, except with food plan and not exercise.  Lol.

Mid-morning, I had some yogurt and a few baby carrots.  For lunch I had a Subway sandwich (chicken and veggies) and two clementine oranges.  For afternoon snack, I had a banana, 6 almonds from my co-worker’s nut jar, and a Medifast peanut butter crunch bar (I didn’t have anything else, and thought it would be better than getting too hungry).  Dinner was a baked b/s chicken breast with a little barbecue sauce and roasted Brussels sprouts and a few bad strawberries.  I felt so full after eating that.  Then I went to the store (two different ones), and by the time I got home I felt like I could eat my arm.  I got what I needed for the week on WW.  When I got home, I ate a Nature’s Own Whole Wheat Sandwich Round (3 points), 1 tsp. cashew butter (1 point) and 2 tsp. all-fruit jelly (1 point).  All of this added up to 36 points exactly, which is what I am allowed per day.

I did do a little on my recumbent bike this morning.  My son was not home, so I could use mine without disturbing him.  I thought of a way I could rearrange the living/dining area that will allow me to do that at home in the morning without disturbing him much.  He is a very sound sleeper.  I’ll try to switch some things around soon.  My recumbent bike is as smooth as silk now and makes almost no noise.  I ordered me an extension cord for headphones, so I could watch TV without bothering him, if I want to (hasn’t come in yet).  I can also listen to my iPod.  I don’t need much light.  I am so more apt to do it right now if I can do it at home.  I only did about 13 minutes, because I ran short on time, but at least I got up and got started.  (I got behind because I was mapping my food for the day; I will do that tonight instead, so I won’t have that problem tomorrow.)  I walked Cas before doing that.  I think I am going to work on the beginning hill program programmed in the bike.  I need to tax myself a little more and get my heart rate up and work up a good sweat.  It doesn’t hurt my back or knees to do that.  I will also do some arm work with some hand weights.  I also have an elastic band I could use for some upper body workout, although I probably won’t do that on the bike.

I will have to up my activity level this week.  I was mapping out what I was going to eat on my BodyMedia Fit program (armband) (as well as figuring my WW points), and to get the calorie deficit I want, I am going to have to bump up the activity.  In addition to walking during lunch, I was planning to do at least 10 minutes of the Leslie Sansone video tonight, but the store took longer than I anticipated.  I did get all my steps in and got enough burn for a 2-lb. per week weight loss if I did that every day.  For some reason, my armband doesn’t pick up the added activity of the bike.  Of course, I know I am burning more calories, even if it is not showing up on the readout.  I was reading and if I can’t get it to pick up the activity, I can take it off and then go in and add the activity during the period it was off my arm on the computer.  I found a chart online that tells you how much you burn according to how much you weigh and how many watts you are (using? generating?).  I don’t know exactly what watts means, but I do know there is a setting on my bike that measures it.  I looked it up and it the amount of energy you are generating by pedaling (which is what I suspected).  I also climbed the stairs at the loft when I got home after Cas’ walk and when I got home tonight.  I forgot when I came in the first time at lunch, but I did go down the stairs on the way out for Cas’ walk (and it didn’t bother my knees!).  I don’t know that I will do it every single time, but I will do it as much as I can.  That should add to my activity level without requiring much extra time.

I have to say, I like doing WW points better than counting calories.  But I at least want to log on my armband program at first to get an idea of what it takes to get the calorie deficit I want.

I logged my weight on WW this morning (forgot to do it Saturday).  I reached my 5% goal from whenever I first started WW.  Actually, I reached it since starting MF.  When I logged my weight on WW when I started MF, it was higher than when I started WW online.  It warned me again that I was losing too fast and suggested I might want to see my doctor if I didn’t know what to do to stop losing so fast.  J

I plan to make Lori’s protein pancakes in the morning.  I have been wanting to try those and haven’t been able to on Medifast.  They come out to 6 points on WW, plus 2 points for the blueberry topping she makes.  She also has some other toppings I will try other times.

I asked about roller blading yesterday.  I was thinking today, I used to be pretty good at roller skating.  Why don’t I just get me some regular roller skates and do what I was planning?  I asked my daughter if I would be a cool mom or a nerd mom by roller skating my dog.  She said she sees people doing that with their dogs all the time on the trail by their apartment.  So, I am going to save up and buy me some roller skates.  I would feel more comfortable on those.

Busy day and I’m tired.  I could eat more, definitely, but I will go on to bed and be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and read every one! However, if you are trying to sell me or my readers something, your comment will be deleted posthaste. Thanks for reading my blog and I hope you receive encouragement from it. --Sheryl