Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Too Much Output, Not Enough Input

Well, I’m still here. I am over the worst of my bad flare-up on my back. Now I am back to the amount of pain I was in before that happened.

I didn’t try to do much over the holidays. The best I did was try to hold down my overall calories some, but considering all the goodies I ate, that means my nutrition was pretty bad.

It’s time to get going again. My plan: Weight Watchers and I am going to try to cut down on my carb consumption. I may try to do Medifast for a couple of months, once my finances get lined out a little. The idea with that is just to get my weight down more quickly initially so hopefully I have less pain and can handle more physical activity.

I think one of Bob Harper’s “skinny rules” is to not eat carbs after a certain time. I think my cut-off will be 3:00 p.m. The carbs I do eat will be whole grains, with more emphasis put on grains other than wheat. Brown Rice, Quinoa, etc. My goal is to stay away from sweets. I am not being totally strict about that like I was at one time in my life. Sweets include desserts, candy, etc. and anything I am likely to binge on. For instance, I am going to try to eat more Greek yogurt, but it kind of requires some sweetening. I am not going to worry about the sweetening in that because I am not going to binge and eat a whole bunch of Greek yogurt. Graham crackers are a no because I am prone to eating the whole package. I don’t know if I will switch over to allowing sweets on a splurge day or not. I just know that at one time I did not eat them for 3 years and as long as I wasn’t eating them, I didn’t crave them. They are a big trigger for me.

I don’t know if Bob Harper’s rule includes fruit. If it does, I am going to ignore it. I can eat some fruit in the afternoon and evening. But no dried fruit.

That’s as far as I got.

I am actually pretty down tonight. I’m feeling pretty pathetic. I don’t feel like going into details. I must be doing something wrong in my life to have so few relationships. And I’m feeling pretty lonely. Christmas was “okay”. That’s about all I can say. Too much output and not nearly enough input. And I don’t mean food.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and read every one! However, if you are trying to sell me or my readers something, your comment will be deleted posthaste. Thanks for reading my blog and I hope you receive encouragement from it. --Sheryl