Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Tired Today

I was so tired last night.  And I could tell it was the kind of tired you are when you haven’t eaten in a while.  I still had my evening snack available after that and felt a little better after eating it, but I still went to bed early.  And I was kind of late getting up this morning, so didn’t go do my recumbent bike workout.  I am not going to beat myself up about it, because I really am not eating very many calories right now and guess that kind of reaction is not unexpected.

I got on the scale this morning and I had gained over what I weighed yesterday morning!  I was wondering what was up with that, but then I remembered that I had not taken my BP medicine in about 3 days.  Since it has a diuretic in it, it often does that to me when I quit taking it.  I start retaining a little water.  So I took it this morning and I am sure that will take care of it.  There is no way I am gaining weight (or fat).  Judging by how much exercise I have been getting today (having to go you-know-where), I think the BP med did the trick.  Lol.

I have on a pair of pants today I haven’t been able to wear in a while!  Yay!  For that matter, I also have on a shirt that I haven’t worn in an even longer time and a jacket that buttoned up nicely this morning, but didn’t a few weeks ago.  I love seeing this kind of progress.

I was dragging a lot this morning and really did not want to go to work.  Calling in sick is out of the question right now, unless I have the flu or something, so I just have to keep pushing through.  My pain level is definitely up again.  My friend I talked about yesterday had to go home sick today.  With what she is dealing with, it makes me know that it better be pretty drastic for me to call in.  Sometimes I just need a break, though.

I took Cas for his morning walk but wasn’t able to take a walk at lunch because it is storming today.  We are supposed to have thunder, lightning and hail most of the day.

My boss popped in for a minute and I only saw him from a distance, waving at me from the end of the hall saying he would be back after lunch.  He called me about something from his car and then said, “That’s a kickin’ outfit you’ve got on today!”  Yay!

I got hungry this afternoon.  I hope I don’t have to stay late.  I can last 45 minutes and then go home and fix dinner; longer than that, and I am going to struggle a little more.  Someone at work has a jar of nuts out for people to snack on.  Better than candy, but if I get started, that would not be good.  It would give me license to do it again and again.  Going to go drink down some water and see if that will help (even though I have already been down the hall about 50 times today).  Just checked with my boss – we will stay a little late, so I am going to have a snack at 6 and then my dinner when I get home, instead of the other way around.  I don’t want to get dangerously hungry with this stuff around.

That’s it for today.  Don’t have so much to say, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and read every one! However, if you are trying to sell me or my readers something, your comment will be deleted posthaste. Thanks for reading my blog and I hope you receive encouragement from it. --Sheryl