Search This Blog

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Hungry Today!

The scale is being slow this week.  I am a little more than a pound below where I was before my off day Saturday.  I am thinking my metabolism is probably trying to shut down on me, so I decided I would do a little more (smart) eating today to give it a boost.

For breakfast I had my usual “muffin” made from the Medifast Maple Brown Sugar Oatmeal.  I also had a few frozen cherries (a half serving, since that was all that was left), 2 carrots and a small apple.  I did usual Medifast meals for lunch and afternoon snack, but I supplemented lunch with some carrot sticks.  Tonight I will eat a “lean and green” meal of baked fish and roasted broccoli and then finish the day with my usual Medifast evening snack.  That does leave out one Medifast meal.  If I feel like I need it, I will eat that too.  Then, I will see what the scale says in the morning, but will probably go back to my usual Medifast day for Friday and then Saturday is another off day.  I plan to be more moderate on this off day.  I was pretty hungry this morning, so I think my body was needing this.  I am doing more activity this week.

Even though the scale is not moving much, my clothes are getting much looser.  It is fun to put on something I wore last week and I can actually feel a difference in how it fits.  So I know progress is being made.

I got up and walked my dog, but did not do the recumbent bike this morning.  The reason was, I just couldn’t make myself get out of bed.  I am going to have to get over that because next week the plan is to do a recumbent bike workout every morning.  The muscle relaxant I take at night makes me want to sleep in the morning, but I will just have to expect that and use some will power to get up and go.  If I don’t take the muscle relaxant, I have other bad issues that are worse than feeling a little draggy.  I can wake up if I want to.

I had to do some more uncomfortable (for me) confronting this afternoon.  Why is this so hard for me?  I would rather take all the hard stuff on myself and try to make it work than to require someone else to be an adult.  But I know that is not good for them and it has gone on way too long.  So I am trying not to do that.

As the day went on, I was so hungry.  I had my afternoon snack 15 minutes early, and 30 minutes later, I was already hungry again.  I ended up eating another Medifast snack a while later.  That is the one that I had left, so it should be okay.  I drank a couple of glasses of water down, too (I try to do that with before or after most meals).  I did okay after that.

One thing that is probably affecting the number on the scale (forgive me for talking about this, but someone who is reading this who might be interested in doing Medifast might like to know this), is that Medifast foods seem to cause constipation in me.  I did Nutrisystem for a while a few years ago, and it did the same thing.  I think it is the soy protein, but I am not sure.  I am taking a vegetable laxative morning and evening, but I might have to take one more tablet at one or both of those times.  I will get it figured out and it will be better.  The pain meds I have to take also cause this problem.  Sorry for the TMI.

I realized late today that I am not taking my medicine as regularly because I am just not thinking about it, and I am not thinking about it because I am not hurting as much.  I think I really am making progress (knock on wood).
 
I am so happy to be moving again.  I will be happy to get a few more weeks (and pounds) down the road.  I am particularly looking forward to being able to do more exercise.  I was almost addicted to working out at one point, but pain issues got in the way eventually.  At least I know that once I get into it, I do like it.
 
Time to go home now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and read every one! However, if you are trying to sell me or my readers something, your comment will be deleted posthaste. Thanks for reading my blog and I hope you receive encouragement from it. --Sheryl