Search This Blog

Friday, October 5, 2012

Thursday's Post, Friday Morning


Yesterday’s post, which I am just getting posted.  Maybe more tonight.

This is Thursday, right?  I really need it to be Thursday and not Wednesday.

I just got to work and I am already tired.  I worked until 9:20 last night.  Stephanie is staying with me and both girls were at my apartment when I got home, so I sat up until after 10:30.  (I am not a night person; I am usually in bed by 10:00).  I got up at about 5:45 (which was late, for me) and walked the dog.  Then I spent the rest of the morning taking care of Stephanie and getting ready for work.  I had to get her prescription filled.  Thankfully, there is a CVS next door, but I was running back and forth doing that.

I have to say, I miss my haven.  If Stephanie should read this someday (I know she doesn’t read it presently), that is nothing against her.  I just enjoy quiet in the morning and being able to get things done around the house and stuff before I leave for work.  I don’t begrudge her being over and my having to care for her.  But I do miss that quiet place where I can relax and rejuvenate.  She will be staying with me until Sunday, I believe.

So the girls were over with their dogs last night.  At least Cassie had some company and didn’t whine like I was afraid he would.  I wasn’t able to walk him at all yesterday, except for when we first got up, and that is always a shorter walk.  Not enough to drain his energy.  I anticipated that he would be wild.  Bethany did take him and the other dogs for a walk, so he got another short walk and the interaction with the other dogs was good.  Except he has gotten pretty possessive of me.  He doesn’t want the other dogs to get my affection, so he jumps in my lap and tries to block them from being petted.  The spoiled little thing.  I didn’t let him get away with it.  Anyway, it was pretty lively around my place last night.

I had little time to pay attention to my eating too much yesterday, and I was stressed and not caring enough about it.  But at least I was not eating constantly throughout the day.  What I ate wasn’t that great, but the amount I ate wasn’t bad.

I have had my “hardware headaches” pretty bad this week.  In case you missed a post where I might have explained this, I had a double fusion in my neck last year and I have a plate and screws behind my vocal cords, etc.  Sometimes it seems like I can feel the hardware – kind of like a big lump in my throat that I can’t swallow – and this sometimes sets off headaches.  My doctor says she doesn’t think it is that I am really feeling the hardware, because it is only millimeters thick, but that is what it feels like.  My other theory is that if my glands are a little swollen, it makes me feel it more.  All I know is it is not pleasant and it sets off a pretty powerful headache sometimes.  Thankfully, it is not this way all the time, but more often than I would like, that is for sure.  That is what I was dealing with yesterday, along with everything else.

I don’t have any big grand plans today.  I wanted to buy myself something sweet when I came in the building to work, but talked myself into just sticking with what I have with me.  (I had a breakfast sandwich at home and I brought a peach with me.)  I am planning to make some chicken and broccoli stir-fry tonight, since I have not been able to make it yet.  I have worked too late the last two nights.  Lunch will probably be a chicken salad sandwich, since I haven’t planned anything else.  Other than that, I just need to try to not go find any food elsewhere.  Hopefully I can get home at a decent hour tonight and catch up on rest a little bit.  But I still have to make dinner, walk the dog and take care of my daughter.

One bit of good news is that I got through my round of yucky medicine that has been making me feel whacky and got a refill of my old brand.  Hopefully I will be feeling some better in that respect.  Already, it seems like it works on the pain better without all the other side effects.

Yep, I’m tired.

I am sure that someday, this season will be behind me.  But right now, it seems like it is never going to end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and read every one! However, if you are trying to sell me or my readers something, your comment will be deleted posthaste. Thanks for reading my blog and I hope you receive encouragement from it. --Sheryl