Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Have to Stop Fooling Around

It has been a busy couple of days.

I did not do great this weekend.  Saturday I was kind of haphazard on my eating because I was out and about a lot of the day, and Sunday I did fine until late afternoon, and then lost it.  I ended up having to work a couple of hours Sunday, and then I got stressed out about something and that is what set me off.  I don’t know what my deal is.  I used to handle stress better than this.  I think it just built up on me too much.

Yesterday I did good (I know that is bad grammar) until after dinner.  But I was still hungry and I ate too many crackers with peanut butter.

As far as exercise, I walked some over the weekend, but we had a lot of soaking rain, so not as much as I would have.  Yesterday, I probably walked a total of 1-1/2 hours, so that was pretty good.  I am on track for that again today if I do not have to work late.  Tomorrow I need to start wearing my armband again and see how many steps I am putting in every day.  It is certainly much better than before I moved.

Sometimes when I am walking (not all the time), it feels like my legs are working against me.  It’s like I have to work twice as hard to make them move.  I know it is the nerve issue from my back.  I wonder if I burn more calories, because what would be the same amount of exertion makes me out of breath and sweating a lot more than usual.  It is not exactly pleasant and it is certainly not easy.  And now I feel wiped out, like after a really hard workout.

So far so good on eating today.  I need to eat more vegetables and that is my plan tonight to keep from getting as hungry.  For one thing, I bought a big bag of fresh broccoli from Costco, and need to be eating regularly so it won’t go bad.  I have a recipe for roasting it with garlic, and I think I will try that.  I am not sure what the main dish will be.  I have some things to cook, I just didn’t thaw anything out yet.  I could make a stir-fry with the broccoli, and may do that.

I really have to get going in earnest on my weight loss so I can get to feeling better.  I did not sleep well night before last, so last night I was falling asleep on the couch before bedtime.  I lay down on my side for a few minutes, and I don’t know if that is what did it, but when I got up to go to bed, I could barely walk.  I felt better this morning, but I really do not want to deal with this level of pain indefinitely.  And I am dealing with this even while taking narcotics for pain relief.  If the weight loss does not help, I guess I will have to have surgery.  But I have to get the weight down to see if it does.  I sincerely hope so.  I DO NOT want to have back surgery.  All I know is, I have to stop fooling around.

That’s all for today.  Sorry I’m such a Susie Sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and read every one! However, if you are trying to sell me or my readers something, your comment will be deleted posthaste. Thanks for reading my blog and I hope you receive encouragement from it. --Sheryl