Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

I'm Back!

Hello all.  It’s an incredibly busy day, so I’ll just take a minute.  I was off work for a week, moving and getting settled in my new place.  I am not settled completely yet, but at least I am in and I am making progress every day.  Today is my first day back at work.

I do not have internet access at my new place yet, and it was too hard to post from my phone and I didn’t have time to go seek out a place that had WiFi, so that is why I have not posted.

Anyway, I am back.

The move was difficult – more difficult than I planned (darned movers), but it is done and I am happy I am in my new place.  Cassie and I are getting used to things.  This is the first day I have left him alone for any length of time.  He barks and whines, but obviously stops after a bit, since he is not still barking and whining when I return.  He will get used to it soon.  He never did that at the house, even though he was alone a good part of every day.  I popped home at lunchtime today and took him for a short walk, etc., so he is getting to see me now more than he did then.

I did not try to follow a set plan while I was moving.  However, I was so busy, sometimes I would realize it was pretty far into the day and I needed to eat.  I know I did not gain any weight, and may have lost some.  (I also forgot to take my BP medicine, which can cause my weight to fluctuate, so the jury is still out on that one.)

My back is hurting A LOT.  It is not happy about all I put it through.  I am having difficulty falling asleep at night because of the radiating pain.  Hopefully that will settle down soon.  It reminds me that I need to get focused, so hopefully my pain levels will improve.

This living situation and having Cassie is going to be good for me.  He does not like the designated potty place at the loft community, so I just take him to street level and we take a walk to allow him to do his business.  (I have to remember to take a bag and clean-up materials with me.)  Anyway, I am doing that at least three times a day, so that is a little exercise that I was not getting before.  As soon as I get a little more settled and Cassie doesn’t protest so much when I leave, I will get back to some more conventional workouts – like going to the fitness center and/or the pool.  I cannot take him with me to those areas.  The guy has still not come to fix my bike yet.

All is going well.  Hopefully I will be more settled by the end of the week and can get going on a good schedule.  I have been told I will be working late every night this week and this weekend, so no time right now.  We have a bunch of depositions coming up in our big case, so we are having to prepare for them, hot and heavy.  Then my boss will be gone to Salt Lake City for two weeks, so hopefully it will settle down a little while he is gone.

More tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Moving always makes me feel like I've been hit by a truck, so I can only imagine how you're feeling...the good news is, the worst is probably over - and you're in your dream place!!! I can't wait to see pictures of it when you've gotten everything settled. :)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments and read every one! However, if you are trying to sell me or my readers something, your comment will be deleted posthaste. Thanks for reading my blog and I hope you receive encouragement from it. --Sheryl