Search This Blog

Monday, September 17, 2012

A Step In the Right Direction

I've still been in a real funk.  I am not sure what to attribute it to.  I try to think of what is making me unhappy.  Mostly what is bothering me is that my eating is out of control.  So why don't I just change that?  Well, that is the plan today.  I went to the grocery store this weekend, so I have no excuse.

Being here alone in this apartment seems to be a trigger.  I don't feel sad about that (being alone).  I don't feel particularly lonely.  I just feel like eating all the time.

I have been extremely tired, and that is a big trigger for me.  I am talking I can't stay awake.  I don't know if it is just a build-up of the last couple of months or not.  My daughters and I went and got something to eat after shopping Saturday afternoon and my eyes were crossing while talking to them.  They were laughing at me.

I am just trying to talk myself through this.  Although I am not doing formal workouts, I am walking a lot.  Most days, I am doing 3 walks a day.  Cassie drives me crazy if I don't.  First thing in the morning I get up and take a short walk with Cassie.  It is tough then because pain first thing in the morning is the worst.  I have tried to do what I can to help.  I set my alarm 30 minutes before I am actually getting up and take my pain medicine.  I started taking a bigger dose for that one and leaving off the the nighttime dose.  That seems to help.  This morning, I tried to do a little stretching before getting out of bed.  My worst pain is when I go from periods of inactivity to being more active.  I have to say this was the best result I have had yet.  At least I wasn't gasping when I stood up in the morning.

Then, I take another walk mid-day -- usually 30-45 minutes.  And then another when I get home from work.  So, that is quite a bit of walking for me.  I did do one recumbent bike workout last week.  I didn't get one done this morning, but I will do one tomorrow morning.  My main focus today is getting my eating back on track.

I wrote the above this morning and intended to post it then, but didn't get it done.  I am happy to say, though, that I have had a pretty good day.  And I feel better because I have been in better control.

I also figured out something.  When I moved, I had to change pharmacies.  I got my first refill of pain meds and took the first dose Saturday morning.  They are the same, but a different brand.  But I realized they make me feel a lot sleepier than the other ones.  And spacey, in general.  I am going to have to take a half dose of these, especially if I am working.  Hopefully a half dose takes care of the pain.  I don't like feeling that way.  But that's why I was feeling so tired and sleepy this weekend.

Well anyway, today was a step in the right direction.

1 comment:

  1. I suspect the combination of the new medicine plus the stress letdown (from the move and Steph's illness) are contributing to your hunger - hope you get your drive for health back soon!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments and read every one! However, if you are trying to sell me or my readers something, your comment will be deleted posthaste. Thanks for reading my blog and I hope you receive encouragement from it. --Sheryl