Search This Blog

Friday, August 10, 2012

Weekend Plans

Once again, I am sitting here trying to stay awake.  Will I ever not be so sleepy all the time?  I am sure it is the medication.

I worked late last night (until 9:30 p.m.) .  Bethany picked up some Chicken Tortilla Soup from On the Border for me (13 points).  I ended up using 5 of my weekly points yesterday, so I guess I did a better job of getting my points in.  I still have 12 left.  I likely will not use them, since tomorrow starts another week.

I got up and walked again this morning.  It was not comfortable, but doable.  It is hard to describe how it is.  It’s not that I am in excruciating pain, but I am in pain – mostly from my hips to my knees, and some in my back.  It is hard to keep my legs moving – like they are heavier than they are.  I begin to not pick up my feet very well and have to be careful that I don’t trip.  So, it is not “pleasant,” in many ways, but it is not a high degree of pain either.  It is just difficult.  But I need to keep going until my bike is fixed.  I have earned 19 activity points this week.  That is not too bad, considering.  I will earn more points tomorrow with housework, plus I plan to take a walk early.

My hope this week was that I would drop into the 260’s.  I don’t think it is going to happen, but you never know.  However, I can tell a difference in how my pants fit today from last week.

For breakfast this morning I had my usual Greek yogurt/Kashi GoLean cereal with some cantaloupe.  For lunch, I had a less “expensive” version of my gourmet grilled cheese (made with double fiber whole wheat bread and less cheese).  With that, I had some Amy’s Chunky Tomato Bisque Soup and some more cantaloupe.  I brought some 1% cottage cheese for a snack, but was dragging this afternoon and went downstairs and got me a Skinny Cow LF ice cream sandwich, so had that instead.  I ate the cantaloupe I had left shortly before going home.  We are getting low on my favorite fruits (although I love cantaloupe).  After that, it is apples and oranges.

Tomorrow I plan to make a pork tenderloin recipe I found, another batch of the chili I made last week, and some chicken noodle soup.  The kids loved both of those recipes.

As far as the house and moving, tomorrow I am going to work on getting things organized for a garage sale, which we plan to have the following weekend.  I will also be doing more packing and more cleaning.  I want to get the house ready for movers just to pick up things and go during the next couple of weeks, holding back the things we need to use daily.  Probably, we will be living out of a suitcase, so to speak, for the last week and a half.  I would also like to move furniture and clean under it.  I hate having someone who is helping you move pick up a piece of furniture and there is gross stuff under it.  I am sure it is that way with a lot of people, but I don’t like it.  Nothing should be too horrible, but you never know with three dogs around.  I need to move the refrigerator, stove and washer and dryer, and clean under them.  Obviously, I will ask for help with the actual moving of big items.

Why do I feel guilty using my weekly points?  I have them, so it is okay to use them, right?  Especially when I have already been eating lower than my daily points total most days.

I am so tired of being tired and sleepy!  It drives me crazy.  But I don’t have much hope that it is going to get better as long as I have to be on pain meds.  So the best solution is to stick with my journey and get the job done as quickly as possible.  If losing weight doesn’t do the job for the pain, then I will have to have…don’t even want to say it – the s word.  But I really do think this is going to help enough that I will not need it.  But if I have to, I will.

I haven’t kept up with how many days along in my 500 days I am for a while.  I don’t know how many off days I have had interspersed, but it is approximately 100 days into my journey.  I had some stumbles when Stephanie was sick, but I think I still did pretty well, all things considered.  I would like to lose 140 pounds total.  I am about 1/5 through my 500 days.  140 pounds divided by 5 is 28.  I have lost 27 pounds as of last weigh-in (and have lost more this week), so I am pretty much on schedule.  But I feel like I need to kick it up a notch.  The next pounds I lose should make more difference on how much I improve physically, as far as pain and the back issues, so hopefully I will be able to increase workouts in the coming months and move into a higher gear.  Nothing drastic, but I know weight loss will slow down, the closer I get to goal, so I want to get a little bit ahead of the game.

I do feel I am living the lifestyle, as well as I can with my physical limitations.  I have been working really hard to make sure I have the money to buy the Electra Cruiser bike I want after I move.  I have worked extra when I could and I am cashing in some vacation days (I didn’t use all mine last year), to help cover moving expenses and not use my money I had set aside for that.  I should be able to meet my goal.  Anyway, I want to do a lot of bike riding when it starts cooling off a little, so hopefully I will be able to order the bike right after I move.  I also want to start doing a little strength training (being wise, while I do that) to help bump up my weight loss and to do some toning.  I will have the fitness center in my loft community at my disposal once I move.  I also plan to do some swimming.  I think I can do the bike riding and the swimming without any toll on my back pain issues, so I will be able to increase my workouts without injuring myself.  Not to mention, I will have two extra hours a day to work with since I will no longer have to commute!  It feels like it will never get here, but I am almost there.

It’s almost time to go home.  Weekend, here I come!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and read every one! However, if you are trying to sell me or my readers something, your comment will be deleted posthaste. Thanks for reading my blog and I hope you receive encouragement from it. --Sheryl