Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Update

I'm feeling a little better this evening.

Since Stephanie has to have a release from the doctor before they will allow her to return to work, I called the doctor about that.  Although in the hospital he had said he would support her returning to work sometime this week, after having given them the update of what transpired after she left the hospital, he wanted to see her first.  So I left work at 1:30 p.m., drove home to get Stephanie, and drove to the opposite side of the Metroplex to take her to the doctor.

In the meantime, Stephanie talked to a friend of hers at work and asked her if the friend thought it sounded like she was going to get fired.  Her friend said she didn't think so; they knew it was because Stephanie had been very sick and couldn't do anything about it.  Stephanie (who was the most coherent she has been in several days) also said that she has been told she is the best receptionist they have had at that firm for a long time (evidently a long line of not-so-good ones) and that they really like her there.  She told me a couple of other things that eased my mind a little, so I was feeling better.

We went in to see the doctor and he said if Stephanie wanted to go back to work tomorrow, he would give her a note allowing her to do so, but he really thought it would be better for her to wait until Monday.  Since we were feeling better about her job situation, we said that's what she would do and he gave her a note to return to work on Monday.  I have been having to be in contact with her work every morning (since she has been so drugged), and that has been creating a lot of stress for me.  So, now that it is settled, Stephanie has some time to finish recovering and I am not feeling pressed for her to hurry and get back for fear of her losing her job.  Less stress for me and I am glad Stephanie does not have to rush her recovery so much.

In addition, I have gotten some work done on the garage sale tonight.  There is still a ways to go, but the progress is making me feel better.  There is still a lotta lotta work today, but I'm feeling better.

2 comments:

  1. Whew! Good news on the job front. Glad the stress is lifting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that things are calming down. Stress sucks, it really does.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments and read every one! However, if you are trying to sell me or my readers something, your comment will be deleted posthaste. Thanks for reading my blog and I hope you receive encouragement from it. --Sheryl