Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Tummy Troubles and Pain

I am at home this morning with tummy troubles.  I'm not sure what is up with that.  It is very unusual for me.  Not only that, I am having flu-like symptoms -- headache, achy, etc.  However, I have so many headaches and so many aches and pains, it is hard to tell if it is anything out of the ordinary.

I used my last two pain pills yesterday.  I called in my refill on Monday and went to pick it up after work last night and they said the doctor had not gotten back to them yet.  So I haven't had anything for pain today.  That could have a lot to do with the pain issues.

I woke up during the night with the worst knee pain I have had to date.  I had a hard time deciding if it was really my knee or radiating pain from my back.  It was my right knee, which is the opposite that usually has the more severe pain.  I finally decided it was my back.  I could not lay down in the same position I usually sleep in.  Actually, I had slept for a time on my side, which I don't usually do, and maybe that is what set it off.  It was the same type of pain that I usually have in my left knee, but much worse, and the first time I have had it in my right.  I am pretty sure this is the spondylolisthesis pain, as opposed to the sciatic nerve pain.  Anyway, I finished the night in my recliner, since there was nothing I could take that would really help.  I am trying to straighten up my refill situation while I am home this morning.

Needless to say, I did not walk this morning.  Maybe I will try later if I start feeling better and I get some medicine.  I really do not feel like this pain had anything to do with the walking, but I could be wrong.  I am pretty sure it was set off by sleeping on my side for an hour or two.  I usually can only sleep flat on my back, elevated by pillows.

Stephanie is having her troubles too.  I won't go into all the details here, but she is not through her issues yet.  I am so weary of this.  I am just so ready (as she is too) for her to feel better and stay better.

It is a little later now, and I had to go pick up Stephanie's pain medication.  I took one of those (and will pay her back) -- it is exactly the same as mine -- so am starting to feel a little better pain-wise.  I will give the tummy a little more time and see how I feel.

In the meantime, the dogs pulled a picket off the fence and the little dog across the fence was in our yard (which means Cassie could go through that hole too).  I did not have a nail to make the repair, although pulled out the nails that were in the picket and nailed them in other places.  I also could not find my drill bits (again, yes, I have a drill), so I had to go buy some drill bits and the right kind of screws, while I was at it.  So I got the picket secured back on the fence and hopefully it will hold.  This all came two days after my brother-in-law was here replacing pickets that had been chewed on, etc. and needed replacing to pass inspection by the landlord (this was not one of those).  But a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.  I have learned to be semi-handy, when I have to be.

Those Darned Fire Ants
While I was doing that, I got stung by fire ants, which I have developed a more severe reaction to than I used to have.  So I had to come in and take some benadryl.  That means I will be snoozing in a little while.  I hate fire ants.  If you don't have them in your neck of the woods, consider yourself lucky.  We didn't have them in West Texas where I grew up, but they are here in "North Texas," as this area is called.  Here is where they got me on my wrist.  There are more on my foot.

I came in with 31 points yesterday.  That is 7 less than I am allowed.  I am going to have to eat more, earlier in the day.  I was not hungry anymore, and it seemed wrong to eat more just to fill in those 7 points  at 9:00 p.m.  This also makes up for not counting fruit.  But this is two days in a row I have not eaten enough points.  That might cause me problems later on (by causing my metabolism to slow down).  I need to get me some nuts that will help fill in with something healthy.  (I can't believe I am having this "problem.")  But I need them in portion controlled packages, to keep from overdoing on calories.  I am trying to lessen the amount of flour products I am eating.  Not cutting them out, but trying to have other sources of grains and legumes more often.  I think I will make a pot of beans today.  I can use those in a lot of different ways.  Not sure how my tummy will do yet, however.  I could add some more healthy oils to get the rest of my points, too.  Part of my problem last night was that I was too tired (or lazy) to put much effort into fixing something.  I guess it will take me a week or two to find out how to portion out my points throughout the day and week.  I still have 21 weekly points left, too.

I tried on my swimsuit last night.  I bought it when I first started working out in 2009, and I started then at over 310 pounds.  So, I am quite a bit smaller than I was then.  I have also had a breast reduction since then.  You can't tell in this picture, but the bra part of the suit is waaaaaay too big.  But it will do until I get down into one that my daughters shrunk out of.  Ugh.  Of course, I am not liking how I look in the swimsuit, but I will appreciate seeing the change later.  One thing I have regretted is not taking more pictures other times I have lost weight.

That is it for now.  I am just planning to rest up and hopefully feel better tomorrow.  At least I am not feeling as rough as I was when I first got up this morning.

4 comments:

  1. Ugh to fire ants. Our dog got attacked by them recently, poor thing. We always have Benadryl on hand because of them.

    Hope you are feeling better soon. This heat can't be helping any.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heat is bad, and I avoid it as much as possible. Walking in the morning is not too bad, but I can imagine running would be!!

      Delete
  2. I think your swim suit is adorable. Fire ants are terrible! We don't have them here in CT - or at least not where I am - but I distinctly remember getting stung as a kid when we lived in the south. Hope you are feeling better and have gotten your pain meds by now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Helen! I chose that swimsuit for its modesty. It covers problem spots really well. :)

      Delete

I welcome your comments and read every one! However, if you are trying to sell me or my readers something, your comment will be deleted posthaste. Thanks for reading my blog and I hope you receive encouragement from it. --Sheryl