Search This Blog

Monday, August 6, 2012

Busy Weekend - Sunday, August 5, 2012

It's been a busy weekend.  Some work on the house, spending time with my sister and brother-in-law, going out for lunch today, and going to the loft.

I forgot to take the tape measure to the loft!  So although I have a much better idea of the size, I don't have exact measurements.  It is a little smaller than I pictured, but still plenty of room for me.  The one thing I am disappointed with is that I thought there was a big garden tub in the master bathroom.  There is not -- only a big shower.  There is a bathtub in the other bathroom, but not a garden tub.  Makes it harder for me, as big as I am now, to take a good soaking bath.   But there is a hot tub on the patio and I can make use of that when I want to soak the kinks out.  It is kind of secluded, which is good.  And I can still take a bath, at least.  When my back gets better, maybe I will become more fond of showers.  Right now, my back starts to hurt when standing, which is not very relaxing.

The master closet is a little smaller than I hoped -- only in that I will have to change the way I was going to arrange it.  It is still plenty big for a closet.  I will have to change where I put my shoe cubbies, or only stack two and move one to another place in the closet.  Still fine.

Otherwise, it is everything I hoped for.  I love the windows in the living area.  They have big window sills on them and I am sure Cassie will be sitting in the window a lot and looking at the action outside (and hopefully NOT  barking).  But the manager said this particular building is very sound "proof".  He said if I got a gate to keep him out of the hall, no one would even hear him when he barked.  And otherwise, they would only hear him a little when he was at the door.  So I will probably get a gate at some point.  The bedroom is set back away from the exterior wall, so it will be secluded from outside noise.

My BIL has gotten a lot of work done around the house and it is looking very good.  I think the landlord will be pleasantly surprised at its condition.  Better than many renters, I am sure.  I hope to get most of my deposit back, which will be tidy little sum to put in savings.  I am trying to build up a very healthy savings account in case something unexpected happens.  Just trying to be wise.

I may try to walk some in the morning.  I am hurting when I first get up, but after I get going a little it is not too bad.  My back will be hurting during the walk, but hopefully the radiating pain will not be too bad.  Otherwise, I will just have to do the bike, getting on and off to tighten the bolt.  It is under warranty and I contacted the manufacturer Friday.  Someone is supposed to come fix it in 3-5 business days, so hopefully some day this week it will be fixed.

I never had my splurge yesterday, but I did use 11 of my weekly points.  Today, we went to Twisted Root Burger Company for lunch (they have burgers to die for).  My sister and I shared a burger and some onion rings.  I also made a key lime tart (finally).  I wanted to make something special for my  BIL as part of my thanks.  He loved it and it was so good!  I only had one piece and that was fine.  It was very sweet (and tart at the same time).  Delicious!  I used 27 of my weekly points today.  That felt so naughty, but I still have 21 points left.  And I can do this every week?!  I probably won't use them all -- part of that cushion in case not counting fruit is detrimental.  For breakfast today, I had a breakfast sandwich my daughter made -- just a whole wheat English muffin, a piece of turkey sausage and a slice of sharp cheddar cheese.  I had some watermelon with that.  I had some watermelon after lunch today - the half burger (they are not huge) and onion rings did not make me quite full.  For dinner I made one of my gourmet grilled cheese sandwiches.  Mix in a little more fruit, yogurt bars, and that was my day in eating.

No formal exercise this weekend, but plenty of housework and packing, etc.  I'm tired.

I am struggling with a headache tonight and am sleepy, so will be going off to bed soon.  Tomorrow starts a usual, busy week.

Have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. I always consider housework exercise! Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As a matter of fact, my Body Media Fit armband said I burned more calories that day than I have yet!

      Delete

I welcome your comments and read every one! However, if you are trying to sell me or my readers something, your comment will be deleted posthaste. Thanks for reading my blog and I hope you receive encouragement from it. --Sheryl