Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Too Busy to Post!


I’m not sure what my deal about posting is lately.  Someone might think it is because I am “falling off the wagon”.  No, that’s not really it.  Just busy living life instead of posting about it, I guess.  Although I did eat something “off-plan” today (some peanut M&Ms), I compensated in my calories elsewhere tonight.

I had a long post going for Sunday, talking about my day’s activities, and didn’t get it published.  I did a lot of work on the house in preparation for moving.  I went through my closet, sorting out things I did not want, putting stuff in storage bins I had bought, and got my closet reorganized.  Once my shoe organizers come in that I have ordered, and I buy a couple of more fabric storage boxes, it should be good to go.  I cannot get a good angle in a picture to give you an idea of what it looks like now, but once I move, I should be able to.  I am happy that, except for storage boxes and the shoe organizers, I was able to do it all with things I already had.

Organizing the closet provided quite a workout.  I was taking down heavy storage boxes from the closet shelf, going through them and putting stuff in the bins, etc. I bought, and lifting them back up to the top shelf.  I think it was as good a workout as working out on any Nautilus machine would have been.

I feel like I am being more of a “foodie” lately than someone on a diet.  I would rather make something with a little more pizazz and eat less of it than something extremely low fat and eat more.  It will not always be that way – sometimes I will want more volume.  Right now I am more satisfied with taste and eating less.  I made some thick-cut pork chops last night.  I had asked my daughter to buy pork tenderloin once when she went to the store for me.  She came home with a family sized package of thick cut pork chops from Costco.  She put them up for me and she put the whole package in the freezer without dividing it up.  So, when I thawed it out, I had to cook all of it.  I sprinkled them liberally with salt and pepper and put them in a hot cast iron skillet with a little olive oil.  I got a really good sear on both sides and then I took them out and put some sliced onion and sliced red bell pepper on the bottom of the skillet, sprinkled a little salt on that, and then put the pork chops back on top of that.  I added a little chicken broth, covered the skillet and put it in the oven and cooked it for another 20 minutes.  They came out very flavorful and very moist.  Definitely a success!  I had another one tonight.

I had been wanting to try this “sauce” I read about.  I roasted two heads of garlic.  I squeezed the roasted garlic into the blender, added the juice of two lemons, a “bunch” of parsley, minus the stems, and some olive oil (about ½ cup).  I sprinkled in some salt and pepper (it needed more salt than I put) and then blended it until it was kind of like a pesto.  The sauce was okay.  I would like it with less lemon and more garlic.  I wanted the flavor to be predominantly roasted garlic and I tasted much more of the lemon and parsley.  I will try again.  I was using my daughter’s blender (mine broke a while back), and it did not work very well.

That’s all I got written today and now I really need to get to bed.  I have been working every night when I get home, getting the house in shape.  They are going to show the house while we are still living here.  I’m not too happy about that, but it’s in my lease and I can’t do anything about it.  I had gotten behind on a lot of things with all that has been going on the last few weeks.  I don’t care about clutter from moving sitting around so much, as long as we don’t look like filthy slobs.

I haven’t been sleeping very good the last few nights (pain issues), and I am sitting here falling asleep at my computer, so I’m going to close it and go to bed.  Just wanted to check in and say I am still on track.  Just busy.

 Have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you have been busy with more fun things, rather than all the hospital stuff...and organizing things can be so satisfying! Your move is right around the corner...wheeeee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait! Now that the girls are getting close to moving out, I think their independence is exerting itself and they are so grouchy! Lol. (I don't do grouchy.)

      Delete

I welcome your comments and read every one! However, if you are trying to sell me or my readers something, your comment will be deleted posthaste. Thanks for reading my blog and I hope you receive encouragement from it. --Sheryl