Search This Blog

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Sunday and Some Shopping

Not much to say today.  My eating has been pretty good.  I have eaten, at times, very "normal" foods (not diet-y), but my portions have been very good and I am sure my calories have been good.  For breakfast I had some Greek yogurt with a little honey and some Kashi GoLean cereal.  For lunch I had some beef and Italian sausage ravioli with some marinara sauce.  The portion of ravioli without the sauce was 260 calories.  Marinara is very reasonable, calorie-wise, and I put a little shredded Italian cheese blend on top.  I had a banana and some pineapple for dessert.

I did several hours of shopping today.  My daughter wanted to get out of the house and we wanted to do some shopping for our new places we are each moving to (her apartment, my loft).  My other daughter was at church.  We stayed out much longer than either of us physically felt like (she is still not feeling well at all)  and I am having a lot of pain issues and headaches this weekend, but I still had a hard time making Steph stop and go home.  She said she needed some retail therapy.  She always was a shopper.  But it proved she was certainly not ready to go back to work (which we knew already).  We still haven't heard on some of the test results.  No news is good news, but then what the heck is wrong with her?

I got some stuff for my bathroom (I never have finished my bathroom at the house with enough rugs, etc.), a couple of kitchen items, a new clock for the living room, and one or two things for my second bathroom.  I still have some things to buy for my second bathroom.  Some stuff I will use from the girls' bathroom here at the house (they wanted new stuff), but I will need to fill it out with my own decor.  It was fun.  I still want to go to the Container Store.

In my loft, the only way to get to the Master Bathroom is through the closet.  So I want to make sure my closet is very organized and pretty.  One thing I am doing is one wall that doesn't really have room for any storage, I am using to display my jewelry.  It will be pretty and functional at the same time.  This closet will be the only one in the loft and so I have to make the very most of the space.  I am having to downsize -- big-time.  But it will be good for me.  I will also use the laundry closet for storage, as well as some furniture pieces throughout the loft.  The loft is not tiny -- almost 1,100 square feet for a one bedroom.

This shopping feels funny to me, because I am a moderately frugal person, but I have been working so much, and earning quite a bit extra the last few weeks, so I should be able to spend some money on things I need.  (I wonder who I am trying to convince?)

For dinner, I made a pizza (I guess it is Italian food day).  I got the basic recipe from Helen's blog, which I have been reading this weekend.  I took a Flat Out low-carb wrap (90 calories), spread it with pesto, sprinkled on a little part-skim mozzarella, and covered it with very thinly-sliced fresh tomatoes.  I am not big on uncooked tomatoes (I wish I was!), so I put the tomato slices in the oven with a little granulated garlic and salt and broiled them a minute or two before putting them on top of the pizza.  In retrospect, I don't think that was necessary.  I think they would have cooked enough without it.  I cooked it at about 400 for maybe 5 minutes until the cheese was melted and bubbly.  I had a picture to show you, but for some reason, I cannot get it from my phone to my computer tonight.  The pizza was soooo good!

In her blog, Helen "vocalized" one of her pet peeves -- using the word "loose" instead of "lose".  I am so glad I am not the only one that bothers!  I have a few others, but they escape me.  That one appears in a lot of weight loss blogs!

I feel so much better after getting some rest, although these headaches are unrelenting.  But I no longer feel like I am going to fall apart.  I just hope we get some answers and some improvement with Steph very, very soon.

1 comment:

  1. I just bought the flat breads to make that pizza myself! It's a favorite of ours during this time of year when I have fresh basil growing and am making pesto all the time. Glad you enjoyed it. The tomatoes definitely get cooked enough (and it's why I put them on top of everything).

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments and read every one! However, if you are trying to sell me or my readers something, your comment will be deleted posthaste. Thanks for reading my blog and I hope you receive encouragement from it. --Sheryl