Search This Blog

Monday, July 30, 2012

Sobering Doctor's Visit

My doctor’s appointment was kind of sobering.  What did I learn?  My back is really messed up.  I knew that.  Several levels have had further narrowing (this they could tell just from the x-ray).  Not much to be done other than continue efforts to lose weight.  The surgery they would do, if they did one, is a 360 fusion, which involves going in from the front and the back.  I have too much belly fat right now.  Besides, I don’t want surgery.  All I can do for now is to continue weight loss efforts, find exercises I can do that help me lose weight and help my back.  She said yoga is great.  I am going to look into that when I move.  They have a class offered in the loft community I am moving to.  The thing is, I know from reading what can happen if there is nerve damage.  I do not want to go there.  I have to work harder.  That’s just all there is to it.  I have to go back in three months.  My goal is to have 30 more pounds off by then.  That’s a big goal, but it could be done if I stay on course.

I just joined Weight Watchers online.  The accountability will do me good.  When I get moved, I will find a meeting.  I have to do what it takes to get this done.  Period.  I tracked what I have eaten so far today. It is 5:45 p.m. and I have eaten a little less than half of the points I am allowed.  I suspected that would be the case.  It scares me a little, but I will give it a try, eating the number of points they recommend.  For the most part, I will use the weekly points allowance for my splurge meal.  I am allowed 39 daily points and 49 weekly points.  That seems like A LOT.  But I am a big girl.  We will see how this goes.

I forgot to say earlier today that the other thing I am going to really work on is pushing the water.  I am not doing very well at that and I need much more.

All for now.  Just to get this off my chest.

2 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about your back. Back pain and issues can be so debilitating. But you are right to tackle weight loss and anything else than can help you without surgery. Lots of good WW blogs out there with food ideas that are nutritious and delicious. Hope you find the support you need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Helen. At least it provides good motivation. I can always use more of that.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments and read every one! However, if you are trying to sell me or my readers something, your comment will be deleted posthaste. Thanks for reading my blog and I hope you receive encouragement from it. --Sheryl