Search This Blog

Monday, July 30, 2012

Reporting In

The scale still shows I am up about 5 pounds.  I have not eaten in a way that I should have gained 5 pounds, so it is a little frustrating.  However, I have not been very focused with my eating a lot of the time, and I am going to work on that.

Payday is tomorrow and I will buy the groceries I need to do that.  Today, I went with my usual breakfast, which was Greek yogurt with a little honey, Kashi GoLean Crunch and some grapes.  For lunch I am having a sandwich akin to the Subway sandwiches I used to have, but with the sandwich thins that are 100 calories, so it reduces the calories in my sandwich.  With that I will have a few sweet potato “fries” (baked) some baby carrots, and some grapes.  My plan for dinner is to have one of those chicken breasts like I made last week with the raspberry chipotle sauce.  My daughter (the one who never cooks) liked those so well, she asked me to show her how to make them and she made up another batch.  I will have some wild rice and steamed broccoli with that, along with some grilled pineapple.

I still did not work out this morning.  I asked for help on getting my pedal tightened up on my bike and my daughter tried to help me.  She got it tightened up some, but it quickly loosened.  We still did not have the right kind of tool.  I am going to have to buy the right size of socket and a wrench, if I cannot borrow one.  I had some little sockets that work with my drill (yes, I have a drill!), but they were too small.  It would be nice if I could find a bigger socket like these, but I don’t know if they make them for the drill at that size.  I still did not get out the door to walk.  I need to get all my stuff prepared to do that so I can slip out with Cassie if that is what I have to do.  I could buy a socket wrench and return it.  I would not feel too bad about that, since I really have no use for socket wrench most of the time.  I am not going to work on my own car (although one time I started out fixing my own brakes, when one of the girls’ friends helped me out and finished it; those were my poor days, and I was determined I was going to get it done).

Another problem is that my knee started really bothering me yesterday.  I was trying to decide if it was my knee or my back.  I think it is my back (pain radiates to the knee).  I am doing more lifting right now, getting ready to move, and it caused a minor flare-up.  I have a doctor’s appointment today, but nothing will be done today that will help it.  I predict she will tell me to continue what I am doing and will continue my medications.  I may ask her about an anti-inflammatory med, since I am having a lot of all-over pain.  I don’t know if she will do that, though, since she is a spine surgeon and doesn’t deal with more generalized things.  I need to have my annual check-up.  I should probably do that the week I am off while moving.

Speaking of which, my internist is a fairly new doctor to me and I started going to her because I decided I was finally going to get a doctor close to home.  I had been going to one way up in Plano, and from Midlothian, that is a long, long way.  So I found a good doctor in Midlothian.  And now I am moving.  I really want one that is not too much trouble to go to.  I may have to find one at Baylor Dallas or Southwestern.  They are both close.

We did work on the garage Saturday.  Back in April, our a/c went out for a month (that is a story in itself that I won’t go into), and we had a window unit during that time.  We turned it on in the garage (even though it wasn’t vented) and kept the door from the house to the garage open, and it stayed very bearable in the garage.  I admit that my daughter Bethany did most of it, especially the heavy lifting part.  I did a lot of sorting through little things, deciding what to keep, what to sell in the garage sale, and what to throw away.  We have things all organized now and know what will be sold in the garage sale.  Now we will have to work on getting that ready for the actual sale – pricing, displaying, etc.  It is nice to know we can use that window unit then, too, so whoever sits out in the garage a lot can sit next to it when possible.  The rest of the weekend, I worked on some packing and then trying to put the house back in order in case anyone comes to look at the house.

One goal I had was to get my Christmas decorations whittled down to two bins.  I will have very limited storage in the loft.  I gave my artificial tree to the girls, who have an outside storage closet, and I will get me a little one (either real or artificial) when the time comes.  So I won’t need as many decorations.  Maybe we will end up having Christmas at the girls’ apartment this year, since they have a two bedroom, but my loft is actually bigger than their apartment, so maybe not.  The square footage in my loft is mostly dedicated to the living space, which is what we will need the most, since all of us live in the Metroplex.  We don’t usually have extended family on Christmas Day.

So, that was my weekend.  I didn’t really want to report in, since my weight was so “bad,” but I have to work on getting back on track and hiding will not do it for me.  Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and read every one! However, if you are trying to sell me or my readers something, your comment will be deleted posthaste. Thanks for reading my blog and I hope you receive encouragement from it. --Sheryl