Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Out of Sorts

I’m feeling a little out of sorts today.  I am not sure why.  I am having more back pain than usual, but I am pretty used to that.  I think whatever is making me out of sorts makes that bother me more than it normally would.

I wanted to go downstairs to the food court and just get whatever I wanted.  I didn’t want to have to think about nutrition or weight loss or anything.  I just wanted to get something I would enjoy.  But I couldn’t do it.  The thing that sounded best was sesame chicken from the Chinese place down here, but thinking about how many calories that would have, it just wasn’t worth it.  So I got me a salad at Potbelly.  The only thing less “stringent” than normal I did is that I didn’t tell them to take the bacon pieces off.  The salad is 410 calories without dressing.  I had some Newman’s Own Light Balsamic in the fridge, so I put that on it.

I overslept this morning.  Maybe that is why I am out of sorts, because I didn’t have time for my workout this morning.  I will make that one up on Saturday.  I needed the sleep, so I didn’t feel too bummed out about it.  I have been sleeping fitfully the last few days, so it felt good to have a good, hard sleep.  I kind of remember turning off my alarm.  It wasn’t really registering as my alarm, but as “what in the heck is that noise?!”  I got rid of the noise and promptly went back to sleep.

I am engaging in more activity lately, since I am working at home when I get home from work, cleaning, packing, etc.

My daughters have been really grouchy and have been bickering a lot lately.  They need to just make up their minds to get along and quit letting all the small stuff bug them so much.  It’s not worth it.  Their bickering and complaining makes me irritable, and I don’t get irritable very easily.  That’s how my day started out.  Which is partly why I am out of sorts.  I am looking forward to not having to be around that, but I know I will be trading that for something else, so I am not thinking moving is going to be bliss.  But I am looking forward to not having to look after anyone else but myself for a while.  And my kids will still be around enough to keep me company.  Plus, I plan to find other ways to have company.

So Ferocious!
Funny story.  One of the things my daughter Bethany was grouchy about this morning was that, when the smoke detector beeped because the battery was low, my Yorkie, Cassie, went ballistic and had a barking fit, every time it beeped.  Of course, this woke my daughter up when she did not have to go in to work as early as usual.  She stomped into my room, scooped up my dog and threw him in the back yard.  I got the step ladder out and changed the batteries on two different smoke detectors and that took care of the “problem,” of course.  Seemed like a better solution to me.  :)  I cannot tell you how funny Cassie looked barking at that smoke detector and scratching at the carpet like this ferocious animal.  I thought it was hilarious.  Except for the grouchy daughter thing.

I am feeling a little sidetracked and I need to focus and get this 14 pounds off before I move.  If you are just starting my blog, this 14 pounds is only the tip of the iceberg of what I ultimately need to lose, but it would get me to my 40 pounds lost before I move goal I have been working toward.  I hope I am feeling measurably better by then.  I do feel so much better than 2-1/2 months ago when I weighed 300.  But I need to feel better than I do now to feel like getting out and being more social.  Pain still dominates my days.  I don’t know how much it will take until that is not the case.

I did well last night after the afternoon M&M’s snack.  I had a leftover pork chop and some green beans.  I left off the sweet potato “fries” to help compensate for the snack.  (One reason I choose peanut M&M’s sometimes is because it is not so high on the glycemic index as a lot of other candies.)  Even so, I left off the carbs with dinner to help compensate for the increased carbs from the sugar in the candy, not to mention the calories.  I don’t remember eating anything else last night, although if I did, it would have been some fruit.  I think I still came out fine on my calories, and I was up and active most of the time after I got home.

I found out today that my sister is moving to the area!  I am so excited.  Except for a brother I am not as close to, my siblings all live anywhere from 5-7 hours away.  Now my sister will live about an hour or so away, which, in the Metroplex, is nothing.  It’s like living in the same town.  Granted, it would be closer if I wasn’t moving, but I will trade the difference in commute every day for an extra half hour to drive to my sister’s.  She will actually be moving here (in a “temporary” fashion) before I move.  Temporary because they still have to sell their home where they live now before they buy permanent lodging in the new town.  This will also mean we will likely have more holidays in this area instead of having to always go to West Texas, which can be a pain when you work as much as I do.  I’m excited!

The girls have something to do tonight, so unless I have to work late (which is always possible), I can have the house to myself tonight.  I always enjoy a little solitude.

It seems like everyone I come across today is kind of snippy.  Makes me want to go be by myself.  I’m tired of all these negative Nellies.  Life is too short.

6 comments:

  1. I think...no, I KNOW that you are really going to enjoy your new living situation. It's just nice to not have to always deal with your adult children. Trust me on this. :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are right. I feel a little guilty looking so forward to having them out of the house. I will miss them in a lot of ways, but I am looking forward to a little independence myself. And they will be around enough not to miss them too much!

      Delete
  2. The moves - both yours and the kids - are going to be good for everyone. Empty nests are sort of nice :D

    Interesting what you say about your pain level. The doctor who has been treating my foot/shoulder/back told me last night that stress levels and mood can have a direct effect on how much pain one "feels." Once again I'm reminded that managing stress is important in just about every aspect of our lives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could have had a little to do with carrying six boxes of books from my bedroom to the garage, too. :) I'm going to have to "demand" more help on the lifting during this move.

      Delete
  3. Sorry about the girls bickering - that would drive me batty too!

    I updated my steak house burger recipe - I forgot to add 8 ounces of ground sirloin to the recipe, so I just added it - it was for 2 burgers, 4 ounces each.

    Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds delicious! I am going to try it!

      Delete

I welcome your comments and read every one! However, if you are trying to sell me or my readers something, your comment will be deleted posthaste. Thanks for reading my blog and I hope you receive encouragement from it. --Sheryl