Search This Blog

Friday, July 27, 2012

I Get a WHOLE Weekend!

I got up this morning and got started on my workout and, darn!, the pedal on my recumbent bike became fairly loose.  It has been making a noise for a while, but I couldn’t see what was wrong with it.  I was afraid if I kept going, I would mess it up permanently, so I stopped.  I don’t see (to read) as well as I used to, and I can’t get down on the floor as easily as I used to, and the combination of the two made it hard to see what needed to be done.  I think I need a socket wrench of the proper size to tighten the pedal back up.  Since I do not own any socket wrenches, I couldn’t do that this morning.  A regular wrench wouldn’t work.  So I got very little workout again this morning.  :(

I got on the scale for my daily weigh-in and I was up over 280!  What is up with that?!  I have eaten in such a way this week where I should have lost some weight.  I know I am retaining water because I am puffy, plus I had already drank probably 16 ounces of water, which, if you don’t know, immediately shows up on the scale.  Plus my other – how shall we say, digestive problems? – I am sure have me weighing more right now.  I know this just goes with the territory and these fluctuations are normal, but still!

Those kinds of things don’t usually bother me, but this morning, I almost let it get to me.  I have been drinking a SF Red Bull every morning – I know that’s bad, but I am SO SLEEPY all the time – and right in front of the cooler where the Red Bulls are in the store, there is a rack with all these different kinds of candy – the kind you can buy a little bag for $.59 or 2 for $1.00.  On that rack are some “cherry slices” (like orange slices, but these are cherry).  I don’t know why, but I have a real weakness for those.  I have always preferred the pure sugar, fruit-flavored candy to chocolate (talk about a spike in blood sugar!).  I picked up a bag.  I had it in my hand.  And then I came to my senses and realized I was doing it because I was frustrated with what the scale said this morning.  So, I HUNG IT BACK UP.  Yay me!

Next week, I have to get this workout thing back in line.  I will get my pedal tightened up over the weekend, so there is no problem Monday morning.  If something happens where I can’t get it fixed, I will walk.

One reason I am looking so forward to moving is that, right now, besides my Yorkie, our two big dogs, a yellow lab and a lab/pit mix, are sleeping in crates in the living room.  It’s so hot, and they need some time to be in the cool.  But I hate leaving my bedroom in the morning before everyone else gets up because it gets them all stirred up.  It is the rule at my house that my daughters have to deal with the big dogs – they are their dogs.  It’s not that I don’t like them.  It’s just that they can be rambunctious at times, and they are so big, that can be a little overwhelming.  And they seem to just love me and fight for my attention.  And Cassie feels like I am his private property – obviously, we need to do some dog training (Cesar, can you help us?) – and so he makes a big ruckus when they are around.  This is more than I want to deal with in the early morning.  I will not have to worry about this when I move.  I can go wherever the heck I want to in my loft, anytime I want to, and the only thing I have to deal with is Cassie dogging my every step.  (I do plan to work on his training more when I move and don’t have so much other stuff to deal with.)  Taking a walk on a weekday morning doesn’t sound that attractive to me right now, for these reasons.  But I only have another month to deal with it, thank the Lord.

Speaking of which, my move-in date has moved up a day!  Yay!  I am finding out that getting a cleaning crew in on a Saturday is not that easy, especially on a holiday weekend (I am moving on Labor Day Weekend).  So I am going to get moved out on Thursday, the 30th, and the cleaning crew and the carpet cleaning crew can come in on Friday.  I hope all of this will result in my getting most of my deposit back.  I feel sure I won’t get all of it, but there is $1,750 at stake, so I should get some of it.  Plus, I just don’t need the stress of going back to the house to do the cleanup myself, so I have been saving up to do this, regardless of whether I get my deposit back.

We need to get out and work in the garage this weekend.  However, the forecast tomorrow in Dallas is 109 degrees!  I guess I could sweat off a bunch of calories that way, but I am doubtful we will be doing that on Saturday.  I could get up and do it on Sunday, when the forecast is only 99-100 degrees (funny how that seems “cool” this time of year).  We will see.  We will have to get to it soon.  We have a garage sale to get ready for.

My shoe organizer “shelves” came in and I put them together.  Isn’t it lovely?  All those shoes used to be all over the bottom of my closet.  (I think I need to start incorporating some more color into my shoe wardrobe.)

Made another pesto pizza today (as I said yesterday, I am trying to make do with the groceries I have until payday).  I decided to try some avocado on it this time.  It was good!  The only thing was, I didn’t cook it as long as I usually do (I was talking to someone in the kitchen and not paying enough attention), so my crust wasn’t as crispy as I would have liked.  Other than that, it was delicious.  I am going to try some more toppings in the future (sautéed onion and bell pepper, artichoke, etc.).  It’s a very easy meal for me to grab the ingredients, keep them in the fridge at work, and put in the toaster oven at lunchtime.  I wonder how it would taste without the cheese?  Of course, the pesto would still have the parmesan in it.
No working late tonight, since my boss is on vacation.  :)  I get a whole weekend!  Everyone make it a great one, and stay cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and read every one! However, if you are trying to sell me or my readers something, your comment will be deleted posthaste. Thanks for reading my blog and I hope you receive encouragement from it. --Sheryl