Search This Blog

Friday, June 15, 2012

TGIF!!!

This has really been a tough week.  I worked until about 11:00 last night.  I got through after my post last night without any more food damage.  Actually, according to my armband, I still had a 1,000 calorie deficit on my calorie burn.  That’s enough for a 2 pound per week average loss.  I didn’t drink enough water yesterday, though, so I need to make sure I do that today.  So far so good on food today.

I got my 9th workout this morning (worked until 11:00 or after three nights this week and still got up and did my workout every morning).  We will see if I can get a 10th tonight, but I am doubting it at this point.  I think I will have to work late again.  (Fridays are “historic” for me having to work late).

I did my hills workout this morning.  It didn’t seem as easy this morning, because I am tired.

Actually, as I think about it, I think it would be a good idea for me not to do a workout tonight, even if I do get off on time.  I need a little break, and I need to start back in tomorrow morning so I can get four workouts done this weekend.  I am so glad I got those four workouts done last weekend, or I wouldn’t have gotten near all of my workouts done this week.  So that’s the plan this weekend.

I was talking to a friend at work about having to work so much and I got kind of teary this morning.  I hate that.  I am just feeling a little overwhelmed this week.  It is not that I am mad at anyone.  This is just life for me right now.  I know if my sister, Kathi, is reading this, she will be mad.  I think she thinks I get taken advantage of.  I don’t think so, most of the time.  I knew about the late nights when I took the position.  That is actually one reason I took it.  I needed to support my single-parent household since I got little help from my children’s father.  That is not so much of an issue as it used to be, but I still do help them quite a bit.  This was an expensive week with the trips to the ER and medical testing.  I was glad I had some money in savings.

Realistically, though, I cannot do this all the time.  It will be detrimental to my health.  I jokingly sent the following e-mail to my friend at work (she is kind of in HR for the firm, as an assistant to the Administrator):

Dear Ruth:

I have a request to be presented to the Board as soon as possible.  I request that a bedroom be installed for me, complete with a bed, some kind of apparatus on which to get a workout, a television, and something to store a change of clothes in, as soon as possible.  Also, a means to take a bath would be appreciated.  If I am going to keep working until after 11:00 every night, I think this is an efficient solution to my problem of getting only 2-3 hours of sleep per night.

I request that such bedroom be made available to me by Monday morning of next week.

Committed to the Cause,
Sheryl

P.S.      I AM KIDDING!!!!!  (Sort of.)

I was kidding (and she knew I was), but if there was a place like this in our offices, I would certainly be tempted to take advantage of it some nights.  That is why I am so looking forward to moving on September 1.  Then I just have to walk a block home.  I can’t wait!!!!!!

So, I need to get some good rest this weekend to get my emotions under control.

I was shocked to learn the other day that my sister thought I loved my job so much I could live without it.  My answer:  I don't really have a choice.  I do not have a husband to take care of me.  If I do not work, we have no place to live, no food to eat, etc., etc.  So I have to be dedicated to my job.  I do love my job, and since I have to work, I am glad I have a job I love.  But if I had the choice, I am not sure I would make the choice to work full-time.  I do not need a job to fulfill me.  I enjoy being good at it, but I would love to have some free time.  Especially if I had a special someone to spend my life with.

Speaking of which, that is on the agenda in the coming months.  I did some dating in 2009, and liked it.  I got my heart broken a little bit, but not too bad.  I do want to find someone very special who I can grow old with.  I just want to get to feeling better so I feel like I have more to bring to the relationship.  When that times comes, I am going to have to tell my boss that I want a little bit more of a life.  I don’t want to spend every waking moment working.  I just hope I can find the type of guy I am looking for.  He certainly doesn’t have to be perfect.  I just want someone who values me for who I am and who I enjoy being with.  And someone who brings at least as much to the table, financially speaking, as I do.  I am not looking for a rich man; I just don’t want to be the major breadwinner.  Been there, done that.  I also want someone I can be active with.  But I have to get better so I can do my part, first.  So, it will be a few months before I am ready to date again.

Look what I found.  Since I don’t feel good about the SF Red Bulls (and certainly don’t need the calories of a regular Red Bull), this is an alternative.  It tasted pretty decent.  I wouldn’t want to do it every day, but on days like today when I am dragging, it does help.  They have them at Costco – 30 in a box for $29.99.  I bought this one downstairs in a convenience store for $1.99.  By the way, I am trying to hide my thumbnail in the picture because it is kind of green.  I got guacamole under it when I was eating my sandwich for lunch.  Lol.

Tomorrow is weigh-in day.  I am not sure I will have a loss.  I have been under 280 some days this week, but was not this morning.  But there was that whole “not drinking my water” thing yesterday.  Whatever.  I have eaten well enough to make progress and if it does not show up on the scale yet, it will soon.

Have a great weekend everyone.

4 comments:

  1. Just curious - do you not like coffee? That is what I'd drink if I felt like I needed an extra kick of energy.

    Hope you have a good weigh-in tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate coffee. I was saying recently that I wished I could learn to like it, but I don't have much hope for that. When there is coffee in cake or candy or anything -- even a caramel frapaccino -- I can't eat/drink it. All I taste is the coffee (and that's not a good thing).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's so sad...I LOVE coffee, and will go for that flavor in just about anything. But yeah, if you don't like it, then something else will have to work for you.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments and read every one! However, if you are trying to sell me or my readers something, your comment will be deleted posthaste. Thanks for reading my blog and I hope you receive encouragement from it. --Sheryl