Search This Blog

Sunday, June 3, 2012

It's Going To Be a Great Year! (June 3, 2012)


So, it’s my birthday.  It has been a quiet day, since we did my celebrating yesterday.  I have had a quiet day, mostly to myself.

I got my workout done this morning, and another this evening.  So, I met my goal of 4 for the weekend.  Yay me!!  This way if I have to work late every single night, I will still get 9 workouts for the week done.  I didn’t kick myself for not getting 10 workouts last week, but I wanted to give myself the best chance of doing it this week by getting 4 done on the weekend.

For lunch, I had a chicken skewer my daughters found at Costco.  Fresh chicken breast marinated in something.  I grilled it on my grill pan, along with some asparagus.  I made some brown rice to go with it, and had some cantaloupe for dessert.  All of that was less calories than I usually have in a meal when I have a Subway sandwich.  I need to work on my brown rice and try to get more layers of flavor in it.  I used Success boil in bag brown rice.  I boiled it in chicken broth.  I sautéed some shallots and garlic to add to it after it boiled, but it needed a little more seasoning.  I really need to learn to make tasty, flavorful, low fat meals.  So I am going to work on that.  I guess if I added more seasonings to the broth, then it would have cooked in them and picked up a lot more flavor.  The chicken skewer was good.  The asparagus was pretty good, but could have used a little more seasoning too.  I sprinkled it with salt, some garlic powder and a little crushed red pepper and cooked it on my grill pan.  I sprayed it with a little non-stick spray before grilling it.  It was good, but could have used a little more seasoning.

I am having some new pain today.  I am hurting in my lower middle back.  It is enough pain that it takes my breath away when I stand up and just reach out in front of me triggers it.  It did not bother me to ride my bike, though.  I don’t know if this is what caused the trigger of radiating pain yesterday.  I am not getting around very well today.  I had hoped I might be able to do a little walking tonight, but had to another workout on my bike.  My armband doesn’t seem to pick up the bike workouts very well.  I am not sure it is very accurate.  I worked up a really good sweat.  I did some bicep curls while I was pedaling (not the whole time).  I am up to 13 mph pretty consistently and get about 6.5 miles in per workout.

I plan for this to be my best year yet.  This is going to be a year where I overcome a lot of things that have plagued me for a lifetime.  It should be a good one financially, since my boss says we will likely be working this much through at least February of next year when our big case goes to trial.  I plan to put as much as I can in savings.  I will be moving to a new era in my life – having an empty nest – and hope to be dating again later this year.  (When I am going to find the time for that, I don’t know!  Where I am moving should give me more opportunities to meet people.)  I intend to leave all the insecurities and feelings of unworthiness behind this year.  It is going to take some work, but I am ready.  And, most of all, I am going to overcome a lot of physical struggles.  I fully believe that.

I took some future comparison pictures today.  I am going to look pretty good when I have the baby.  (Just kidding!  I will be glad to get rid of this belly.  No wonder my back hurts!)
That's it for today.  Have a great week!
June 3, 2012 - 283.6
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and read every one! However, if you are trying to sell me or my readers something, your comment will be deleted posthaste. Thanks for reading my blog and I hope you receive encouragement from it. --Sheryl