Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

ER Again

I probably will update again later, but I am at the ER again with my daughter.

I worked until Midnight.  My daughter had called me at work saying she was in a lot of pain again.  The doctor called her in pain meds.  Didn't help a bit.  I got to bed about 1:00 a.m. and my daughter woke me up at 2:00 saying she was still in extreme pain.  She took another dose of medicine.  I was so dead, I fell back asleep, thinking she would let me know if things didn't improve.  She woke me up at 6:00 a.m. and said she was still in extreme pain and hadn't slept all night.  We called her doctor, who told us to go to the ER.  We could either go to the one near our home in Mansfield, or go up to the one in Plano where her doctor is located.  Steph wanted to do that so they would have all the background information.  So I drove like a mad woman to Plano (about an hour drive).  They got her right in and gave her some morphine a few minutes ago.  She was starting to calm down when they came to get her to take her to ultrasound.

Needless to say, I am tired.  I came prepared in case they hospitalized her.  I also brought my tennis shoes so hopefully I can do some walking around the hospital campus if I get a moment, since that could be the only opportunity I have for exercise.  Otherwise, I will make sure to keep my calories below my limit and let that do the work for me if I am not able to get some kind of a "workout."  I'm just trying to do what I know to do.  If I can stay on track now, I should be able to do it anytime.

I had a protein bar for breakfast, so far.  May go find some fresh fruit in a bit.  I just wish I had a decent chair to sit in so I might could catch a few winks.  But this type is all there is for now.


I don't think I will try to be a hero and try to go to work after this.  I had planned to sleep in a little and my son was going to take me to work.  Boss will just have to get by without me today.  I am beyond beat.  Sorry Jerry.

Update:

They did all the tests they could do in the emergency room.  They released her to her gastro.. doctor.  We didn't want to drive an hour home when she was still in this much pain, so we went straight over to her gastro doctor (who is the one who told us to go to the ER in the first place).  They are admitting her.  I came a little bit prepared for that.  Don't want her to be in the hospital, but don't want to go home without some relief/answers.  It is going to be a tiring day.  Hopefully when we get in a hospital room, there will be a comfortable enough place to sit where I can get a little rest.

When I left the ER, we were checking out/paying and I was trying to find my keys.  I set everything down and was digging through my bag and layed my laptop down.  I ran off and left it in the ER.  Somehow they tracked down my phone number and called me.  Thankfully, it is almost the same facility, so I just walked back over to the ER and got my laptop.  (I need it to keep myself entertained during all this!)  At least I am walking a lot.

Another Update:

Count this as one of my worst days ever.  And I don't mean diet-wise.  My daughter has been writhing around in pain for hours while they have been trying to figure out what is wrong.  It's like they weren't taking her seriously until I was in tears.  There is nothing worse than seeing your kid (no matter how old) in pain and not being able to do anything about it.  I am passive by nature and I had to work to try to convince them that they needed to get off their behinds and do something.  Finally her gastro doctor came in and saw her and could tell how much pain she was in.  They are actually going to put her on a pain pump to try to get her comfortable before doing any more tests.  What in the heck is wrong?

2 comments:

  1. Your poor girl. I hope they figure out what is wrong, and get her fixed up! As for you, I'm glad to hear that you aren't planning on going into work today. Either Jerry can get along without you for one day, or maybe he'll see that YOU need an assistant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it! Life happens, making your diet work around the unexpected is an important skill to learn. In the past I'd use something like this as an excuse to eat whatever. Now I know better. Just because there's a crisis doesn't mean the calories aren't real, right? Hang in there. I hope the situation with your daughter gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments and read every one! However, if you are trying to sell me or my readers something, your comment will be deleted posthaste. Thanks for reading my blog and I hope you receive encouragement from it. --Sheryl