Search This Blog

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Weigh-in Day (May 19, 2012)

Just a quick post.  I knew I was going to lose this week.  My goal was at least 1.8 (to get to 10 pounds lost), but I really wanted to lose at least 2.3 to drop into the 80's.  I lost 3.8!!!  I blasted through that 10-pound mark.  Yay!

Later:

Got two workouts in today.  I had to "make" myself do both of them, but I got them done.  I really want to get 4 this weekend.  I did a total of 12 miles today.  I don't know if that's good or not, but it feels pretty good to me!  Maybe soon I will start working on the built-in programs on my bike.

Had some temptation today.  I wanted to eat an extra protein bar.  It's a sweet craving thing.  But I didn't.  I knew I couldn't count today against my 500 and that stopped me.  It's amazing how much of a motivation that is for me.  I think God showed me that idea.  I have always been such a numbers person.  When I was finishing up my workout, I noticed I was almost to 6 miles.  This morning I stopped at 5.99 miles (because my time ran out).  So tonight I did 6.01 miles so I could make my 12.  Ha!  And I was going 13 mph at the end of my workout, so I seem to be picking up speed.

I have never gotten my heart rate monitor to work on my bike before.  But today I had my hand on it accidentally and it popped up.  My heart rate was 143.  That was in the lower resistance part of my workout, so it was definitely higher at the higher resistance.  I will have to see how that measures for my age, etc.  I think I remember a personal trainer telling me to shoot for the 130s.  But that was a while back, so I could be wrong.  I just looked it up on a website and it said for fat burning, your target heart rate should be 60-70% of your maximum.  My maximum (determined by age) is 172, so 60% is 103 and 70% is 120.  That sounds low.  Does that mean I am working too hard?  I don't feel like I am.  If I don't work up a little sweat, I don't feel like I am working hard enough.

Guess that's it.  I had another (unexpected) day to myself.  I'll be glad when I feel like getting out a little more.  I do want to do some shoe shopping, but didn't have a car available today.  Maybe tomorrow.  Think I'm going to go enjoy a bubble bath -- this time with candles and classical music.  :)

22 down, 478 to go!  That better life is going to be here before I know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and read every one! However, if you are trying to sell me or my readers something, your comment will be deleted posthaste. Thanks for reading my blog and I hope you receive encouragement from it. --Sheryl