Search This Blog

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Weigh-In Day (May 12, 2012)

The kids are gone this weekend and I have the house to myself.  This will give me an idea of what it is going to be like in a few months.  I know this, I don't want to spend my days sitting around watching TV all day.

Today is weigh-in day.  I wanted to get a workout before weigh-in, but my body was not being very cooperative.  I was able to do 15 minutes, but decided with the way I am feeling this morning, I was going to have to break the workout up into two 15-minute workouts.  That's okay at this stage -- however I can get it done!

Anyway, I weighed in after a 15-minute workout and I have lost 5.2 pounds from last Saturday!  Yay!  That means 8.2 pounds total in two weeks.

That is not enough to do much for my physical issues yet, but it certainly is enough to keep me motivated and wanting to move forward.

I have been reading a weight loss blog, Diary of an Aspiring Loser.  Michelle is inspiring me to dream about having the active lifestyle I want to have.  In the future, I want my free time to be filled with things that are fun, yet full of physical activity.  Like bike rides and hiking trails and tennis games and ballroom dancing!  I want to not only be able to walk my dog, but to rollerblade or jog with him.  (At this moment, he is driving me crazy, because I am his only entertainment.)  He needs more physical activity than I am able to give him at this point.  I want to be well enough to enjoy my grandchildren (when I have some).  I don't want to be this grandma who sits around doing nothing.  I want to be an active "grandma" (not what I want to be called!) who can be actively involved in the lives of my grandchildren.

I don't know what kind of physical limitations I will have when I get to where I want to go.  I don't know what medical procedures I might have to have to get to feeling better fully.  But this is my goal.  I want to feel well enough to do most anything I want to do.

I am thinking about taking Cassie (his name is Caspian, my little Yorkshire Terrier) for a short walk today.  Last time I did that, I set off a flare-up that had me down for a week or two.  However, even if I have a flare-up, I can do the recumbent bike.  It is only when I am up bearing weight that I have the most problem.  I will wait until later, after I have done some chores I want to do, before I try that.  But he needs some exercise, and a little more certainly will be good for me.  Maybe once around the neighborhood?  Right now he is sitting there staring at me and growling (his way of getting my attention) and whining.

Well, I'm off to get my other 15 minutes on the recumbent bike and to see what I can get done around the house.  I want this to be a productive weekend.  I plan for another 30-minute workout this evening and two more tomorrow.  That way I only have one evening next week I have to get a workout.  And I never know if I am going to have that opportunity because my boss often keeps me late. (I work for an extremely busy litigation attorney.  He is a great boss, but requires a lot of attention.  It's okay; he takes good care of me.)

Have a great weekend everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and read every one! However, if you are trying to sell me or my readers something, your comment will be deleted posthaste. Thanks for reading my blog and I hope you receive encouragement from it. --Sheryl