Search This Blog

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Some Pain and Some Progress (May 20, 2012)

I did my 3rd and 4th workouts today.  It felt so good!!  I can tell I am making progress.

However, I had the most pain when I got up this morning that I think I have had yet.  I was even hurting before I stood up, which doesn’t usually happen.  I think I hurt more on the weekends because I spend more time sleeping, and therefore stay in the same position a lot longer than usual.  Maybe I shouldn’t sleep as late, but I feel like I need that extra sleep every once in a while.  I will have to decide what I want more.  I guess I could get up earlier and take a nap later in the day.  I do not think the pain is related to the workouts.  I feel better after a workout.
I will just keep on plugging and hopefully it won’t be too long until it starts making a difference.

I think the 143 heart rate reading yesterday was not accurate.  I checked it today and during this morning’s workout it read 113 and tonight it read 49!  I think it is just that my monitor is not accurate.  (I heard that complaint about this bike.)  I’m not sure if the BodyMedia Fit measures heart rate.  If it does, I will check it out when it comes in.
I was at home alone all day without a car until about an hour ago, so I did some alternative meals today.  But I stayed in my calorie range.  It was kind of nice to do something different for a day.  It lets me know that next month I will be able to handle the freedom of eating different meals when I want to.  I know one thing, I need to perfect my preparation of chicken breast.  I overcooked it a little today and it was a little dry.

I never did go shoe shopping!  I did a little looking online, but haven’t found what I want yet.  I want to make sure that whatever I get is comfortable, since I think that is important in how my back feels.

I did some reading this weekend and have a lot of thoughts about it, but it’s probably a little personal for sharing.  I am just trying to get to the bottom of some lifelong feelings of unworthiness.  I know it is at the root of my food issues.  I truly do like who I am and who I am becoming, but I have to fight those habitual thoughts that have plagued me all my life and were reinforced in certain situations in my life.  I don’t want to keep stuffing down those feelings with food.  It’s all good!
Have a great week, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and read every one! However, if you are trying to sell me or my readers something, your comment will be deleted posthaste. Thanks for reading my blog and I hope you receive encouragement from it. --Sheryl