Search This Blog

Monday, May 14, 2012

Slow and Steady Wins the Race (May 14, 2012)

I am sure everyone trying to lose weight does this, but today I was wishing it were six months from now and I had six successful months (and the weight loss that produces) behind me.  When I have felt this way in the past, it was usually because I was anxious to look better.  Now my main motivation for that is I want this pain to go away.  I want to be able to do so much more physically -- a good strength training program, etc. -- and it is going to be a while before I will be able to do things like that (barring the miraculous, of course).

However, I know that the day-to-day process of going through this is invaluable because it is the only way true, permanent changes are going to be made.  If I were to drop all the weight in a month or two, I would not have time to learn permanent changes and I would be right back where I started in no time.  I know this, but I am still in a hurry to stop hurting all the time.

My daughters came home with a Mother's Day gift for me last night.  It was a canvas stretched over a frame that says something like, "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."  Stephanie said that reminded her of what I have been saying about 500 days -- it did me too.  I am going to put it where I can see it when I get up in the morning and when I ride my recumbent bike so it can continually remind that the little steps I am taking will eventually lead me where I want to go if I will just keep with it.

I am working late tonight.  I'm not sure how late, but I went and got my sandwich so I won't get so hungry.  Getting too hungry is never a good idea.  I actually have some extra calories left today because I have chosen sandwiches on the low end of the calorie scale, so when I get home, I will enjoy a cup of frozen peaches -- one of my favorite fruits.  I am not being detailed about what I am eating in every post because I am following the plan of eating Subway sandwiches every day.  If I say I am on plan, you will know that is what I am doing.  A couple of times over the weekend I had a serving of sweet potato "fries" instead of chips.  This is healthier, I think.  The chips have anywhere from 130 to 200 calories, depending on which "flavor" I choose.  A serving of the sweet potato fries is 135 calories and so tasty!  I like to sprinkle them with a little chipotle chile powder.  Of course, I bake them, not fry them.

I am getting started on reading another blog.  I am not sure which one I will settle on at this point, but I find them encouraging and informational.

I put up a picture page today.  I don't have many yet.  I need to take some current ones so I can watch my progress.  For some reason, my pages don't show up unless you hover your mouse over the pink bar.  There is the home page, Background, Weight Chart, My Plan and Pictures.  I think that is all for now.  I need to start making this page look a little more interesting when I figure out how!

Guess that's all for today.  Hopefully I won't be here too much longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and read every one! However, if you are trying to sell me or my readers something, your comment will be deleted posthaste. Thanks for reading my blog and I hope you receive encouragement from it. --Sheryl