Search This Blog

Thursday, May 24, 2012

A Little Dangerous! (May 24, 2012)

My daughter snapped this picture of us the other day at the restaurant on Mother’s Day.  I actually don’t hate it.  I have always been pretty young looking.  What do you think?  Not too bad for (about to be) 52?

I want to remember to say today – I am noticing a difference in how I look.  Monday, I was standing on the elevator going up to my floor at work (there are mirrored doors), and I noticed a difference in the area under my bust.  There was more “definition” there or something.  My clothes are fitting a tad looser.  It feels good!

I worked until 11:30 p.m. last night (a 15-1/2 hour work day) and got home at 12:05 or so.  Of course, it took me a few minutes to actually get in the bed, so it was at least 12:30 or after before I got to sleep.  I still got up at 5:00 this morning and did my workout!  There were two motivations for this.  One, I knew I would get more out of a workout than out of an extra hour of sleep that still would not be enough.  The second was, I wanted to see the data on my BodyMedia Fit armband after a workout.  So, I got it done.  That is 8 for the week.

I got to work and hooked up my armband to the computer and…nothing.  Something did not work right.  I don’t know if it did not record the data or if I am doing something wrong to sync the device with the computer.  I will have to figure it out.

To set up your profile, they (BodyMedia) have you answer questions about your goals.  What kind of workouts you are doing and how active you are, as well as how many calories you are eating.  I tried to estimate on the lower side of how active I am.  I think I am actually a little more active than I indicated, but I would rather underestimate than over-estimate.  It also asked how much you want to lose.  I picked the highest one on that one, which was two pounds a week.  To do that, it said I would need to burn 1000 more calories per day than I eat, so my target burn was 2400.  Based on the information I entered, it estimated that I would be burning 4,136 calories a day!  So, with the amount of calories I am eating (1400 – although it is usually in the 1200s or 1300s), I have a calorie deficit of 2,736 a day!  I don’t know if that is right – it remains to be seen how many calories I am really burning – but even if it is half that much, I should be losing at a good rate.

It had a deal down the bottom calculating how long until my goal if I lose 2 pounds a week.  I would get there on August 13, 2013 and I have 446 days to go!  (I thought this was funny in light of my 500 days focus.)

I will probably increase my calories slightly next month.  We will see.  I don’t want to set them too low.  So far this is working, but I have been getting a little hungry lately.

It has been a very hectic day and I am very tired and sleepy.  I have to work late again tonight (but hopefully not as late as last night).  It is almost 9:00 p.m.  I was feeling kind of dangerous a while ago.  I have been hungry all day, and I am tired and kind of irritable.  I didn’t want to have to report to you tomorrow that I made the choice to go off my plan.  I know it happens and it is only natural that it will happen sometimes, but I don’t want to do it without a fight.  I am so close to getting my splurge meal and I really wanted to be able to say I got through an entire month on plan.  I did do one thing, though.  I had 39 calories left for the day.  I went back to the mail room to see what kind of candy was back there.  Thankfully, the chocolate was gone.  But I ate one piece of butterscotch (hard candy), which had 23 calories.  So I’m still on plan!  Lol.

Going to bed and getting some sleep is what I really need and I am going to do that very soon.

Time to close up and go home.  Good night all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and read every one! However, if you are trying to sell me or my readers something, your comment will be deleted posthaste. Thanks for reading my blog and I hope you receive encouragement from it. --Sheryl