Search This Blog

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Last Time Around This Mountain!!! (May 17, 2012)

I feel some better today, thank the Lord.  I didn’t think that was the way it was going to be when I got up this morning.  I could barely walk to the bathroom.  Ouch!  I almost talked myself out of a workout.  I was justifying it because of the pain.  But I decided when I started this that there can never be a question of whether I will work out on a weekday morning.  If I start making excuses, it gets easier to make more.  (Of course, if I was sick, then I would have to adjust, but since the pain is a daily thing, I cannot use it as an excuse.)  I have to remember that I hurt more when I don’t move than when I do (as long as I am moving in the right kind of way!).  For a while, I was sitting almost all the time on weekends because of my pain level and it only made it worse.  I began to take something for pain just on the weekend so I could get up and get around, and it began to make a difference.  So I have learned that lesson.  But it is still very tempting to give in to it when I am hurting.

My recumbent bike was an awesome discovery.  I cannot walk or do the elliptical or upright bike for my workouts because it causes big flare-ups.  Anything that involves weight bearing is a problem.  This bike does not “hurt” me – in fact, I usually feel better after I use it.  It’s good on my back and my knees.  So this is what I will be using until I get to where walking, etc. does not set something off.  I was a little worried when I bought it (it cost in the $400s) that it would be one of those exercise machines that turns into a coat rack, but that has not been the case.  I use it daily these days.

My workout this morning made 8 workouts for the week, and 2 to go before tomorrow evening.  I did intervals, resistance of 6 with 1 minute at 9 every five minutes.  I will get one done tonight, since I know I do not have to work late, and the last one done tomorrow morning.  Then I can take my Friday evening off!

I have started a book called “Lose It for Life.”  I think this will be about lifestyle changes and not just another diet plan.  I looked a little ahead and saw some interesting things about how many calories I should be consuming, but I was just browsing and want to read it in detail before I share what it said.  For now, let’s just say my calories appear to be sufficiently low to lose weight every week.  The body can be fickle and a loss not show up on the scale when you did everything you were supposed to, but in the long run, it should all balance out.

I will share any good insights I get from the book as I get into it.  I am trying to educate myself as much as possible and deal with whatever I need to deal with to make this a permanent change in my life.  I have a number of books I need to read.  There are emotional issues to be dealt with, and spiritual issues, as well as new habits to be formed.  I just know I am tired of going around this mountain.  I want to conquer and move on.  There will always be something to deal with, but I am tired of dealing with the same thing over and over.  There has to be a reason for that.  I want to do everything I can to get to the bottom of it.

I calculated my BMI today (47.1) and added it to my weight chart.  Very scary.  But this is where I am and it will only get better from here.  I truly believe that.  Last time around this mountain!!!

I am looking for another weight loss blog to read.  The ones I have started so far do not resonate with me.  I don't identify with the person writing it in some way.  Hopefully I will find another good, inspiring one.

19 down, 481 to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and read every one! However, if you are trying to sell me or my readers something, your comment will be deleted posthaste. Thanks for reading my blog and I hope you receive encouragement from it. --Sheryl