Search This Blog

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Early to Bed, Early to Rise (May 31, 2012)

Not much to say today, except that I walked my dog this evening.  It was not without pain, but I made it once around the neighborhood.  I was going to do 15 minutes on the bike when I got home.  I got started, but my legs were feeling very weak, so I decided I should at least wait a few minutes.   The walk felt pretty tough.  I used to walk so much.  I walked 60 minutes a day on the treadmill with an incline of 7, at up to 4 mph.  No way I could do that now.  Just walking got my heart rate up.  I don't think it was only bad conditioning; a lot of it was that it is more difficult because of my physical limitations.  The weakness in my hips and thighs makes it more difficult.  But it is a start.  I will still ride my bike for most of my workouts, but I wanted to get outside and my dog really needed to drain some energy.  I put his little burberry backpack on him, and off we went  (the added weight drains his energy faster).  The picture was taken earlier (I didn't have a sweater on him today!).  Unfortunately, as I sit here, I am beginning to hurt more.  I will have to decide if it is worth it to keep doing it.

I did get up and do my workout this morning.  I was even able to do intervals.  My armband said I had burned 950 calories by the time I got to work (that's not just from the workout).  We were having a thunderstorm when my alarm went off.  I tried to use the excuse that I might get hit by lightning if I got on my bike this morning.  But I just couldn't make it work in my mind.  So I got up and did it.  Of course, I am glad I did.

Food was on track today.  I need to finish my water, but other than that, it has been a good day.  I got off at a decent hour, thank the Lord.  I was tired.  The day was packed full, though.  Hardly a free moment.  I had 41.5 hours OT on the paycheck I got today.  Makes for a good paycheck, but not much of a life.

I was on plan 30 of 31 days in May, and 33 of the last 34 days.  And the one I didn't count was not far off.  It's a good start.  33 down, 467 to go!

I was about to start an hour-long TV program, but I really should get to bed early.  Guess I'll close early tonight.  So glad tomorrow is Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and read every one! However, if you are trying to sell me or my readers something, your comment will be deleted posthaste. Thanks for reading my blog and I hope you receive encouragement from it. --Sheryl