Search This Blog

Friday, May 25, 2012

A Challenge and a Victory (May 25, 2012)


What a crazy day – and end to a crazy week.  I am extremely tired and my body seemed to be saying, “Enough already, girl!”  I worked until 10:30 last night, but got up again and worked out.  Just a light workout, but still 30 minutes.

I went to my nephew’s wedding tonight.  Thankfully, I held up all right and didn’t have to do too much standing.  It was fun to see family and to see my nephew get married.

I did 9 workouts this week.  I think to do the 10th tonight would probably be a bit obsessive.  I am glad I decided to make the 10 workouts a goal, rather than an absolute requirement to staying on plan.  Sometimes things intervene that are beyond your control.

I stopped and got something to eat before the wedding, so I didn’t feel too tempted at the wedding.  I didn’t know if they were going to be serving dinner, and if they did, whether it would be anything that would fit into my plan.  I thought it was better to be safe than sorry.  As it turned out, they catered Italian food, and it looked pretty good.  I did not eat it, however.  They had a table with fruit, so I ate some fresh fruit.  I did not eat any cake and I did not eat any of the candy they had laying around at the reception.  They had food like you would buy at a drive-in movie, because of the theme at their reception.  Normally, I would be very tempted by that, but I am very focused right now, so was not tempted.  I was glad to have the fresh fruit.  I had calories left and that is what I would have used them for at home.  So, this was my first real challenge in a social setting and I was victorious.  Yay me!

My weight appears to be being very stubborn right now, although official weigh-in is tomorrow morning.  If I do not lose, I know it is nothing I did wrong.  Sometimes your work just does not show on the scale right away.  It will eventually.  The looser clothing and seeing that I look smaller will have to motivate me this week, if the scale does not.

Well, I am falling asleep while sitting here, so guess I’d better turn in.  Thank God it is a 3-day weekend.  I need to rest.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and read every one! However, if you are trying to sell me or my readers something, your comment will be deleted posthaste. Thanks for reading my blog and I hope you receive encouragement from it. --Sheryl