Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

All Work and No Play (May 30, 2012)

It is almost 9:30 p.m. and I am still at work.  At least I stay busy and don’t think about eating.  Except for those jelly beans back in the mail room.  “Walk away from the jelly beans!”  I only ate 2 – not 2 servings, not 2 cups, not 2 bags – 2 jelly beans.  (I am much more of a "pure sugar" girl than a "chocolate" girl.)

I am going to need a break soon.

I did not do a workout last night.  I did get up and do one this morning, however was feeling tired and legs weak, so did not do intervals – just straight 6R (down to 5R at the end) for 31 minutes or so until I reached 6 miles.

Actually, except for the withdrawal episode yesterday, I have felt amazingly good the last couple of days.  I did take pain meds this morning, but usually, even with the meds, I have to limp quite a bit because it does not take away the radiating pain, just lessens it a little.  I have been walking almost normally yesterday and today.

It makes me wonder, is there that defined of a line when your body says, “Now that you have added those two pounds, I cannot handle this anymore”?  I was down a total of 16 pounds this morning.  That is not my official weigh-in, so who knows if that is what it will say Saturday, but that is where I was this morning.  I don’t know if feeling better will last, or if this is just a brief respite.  But if I am feeling this much better by Saturday, I am going to try walking on “my trail.”  This is a walking trail a few miles from where I live.  I love it and walked on it several times a week a couple of years ago.  It is so stress-relieving and refreshing.  Lots of shade cover.  Texas is very, very hot, so it is tough walking outside in the summer without that shade.  I walked 1-3/4 mile out and 1-3/4 mile back, so 3-1/2 miles.  On weekends, I did that twice a day.  Of course, I would not even attempt that much right now.  I miss it.

I did get my armband to sync this morning.  I have not been wearing it as regularly because it was not working.  Now I can get a good idea of how many calories I am burning, at least according to it.  It also measures steps and how much you sleep.  (If it is accurate, that is scary.  It says I am sleeping 3-4 hours a night, even when I am going to bed at a normal time.  I had a sleep disorder a few years ago, but it had gotten better with weight loss.  I was not getting in a deep enough sleep.  Sounds like it is a problem again.)  I will be interested to see how many steps I took today.  I went up and down the hall to the conference room, it felt like, 50 times tonight.

I was thinking this morning, when I get to where I am going – and I WILL get there – I am going to have quite a life story.  I will have overcome an abusive marriage, battered wife syndrome, and a lifelong battle with weight.  That will be quite an accomplishment for life.  Our mission often comes from our struggles.  When we overcome adversity, we are able to help others do the same.  I sincerely hope so.

Well, I will close it.  It is 10:30 p.m. and I have been sprung!  It is going to be hard to get up and do that workout in the morning….

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and read every one! However, if you are trying to sell me or my readers something, your comment will be deleted posthaste. Thanks for reading my blog and I hope you receive encouragement from it. --Sheryl